What are you listening to?

Got a nice variety today. :wink:

I realized today Prince will be gone 5 years already next April…though I’d slap this up here…just a little snapshot of the talent the world has lost.

Not that big a fan of Prince (I kinda like him, just never really clicked with most of his music), but I absolutely love this solo since I heard it the first time, thanks for reminding me of it.

I hope you don’t mind me babbling, but all that is ever taken away was a temporary gift in the first place. We can only celebrate the experience and the fact that it affected the world, as illustrated by the knowledge that it affected us as well.

Yeah, I know what you mean…but it’s also very much a case of all they could have gone on to do and share that we’ve lost, too…I think that’s what makes the passing of talented people all the more sad.

Like you, I wasn’t a huge fan…but there were a few classics he turned out though, that have really stood the test of time…and I always feel this clip just clearly shows him at his best in all areas.

tbh I am not too up on producers, so I have no idea who those people are. :sweat_smile: but yeah, I felt there was definitely some NIN influence, as well as some KMFDM (I think she has a pic wearing a KMFDM t-shirt I saw too). I see no reason to hate for having a similar sound to another artist, and I really like her stuff, so that is all I care about.

Re-watching The Boys S1 with S2 coming in a week or so. Had forgotten this little gem from Daniel Pemberton.

which is in a different key from

… no idea why.

So obviously have to listen to this:

Beautiful track by James Blake

Just a couple of days ago I grew out of old school rap and started listening to thrill and phonk

I’ve been on a post-punk kick lately.

Still listening to NoFx West Coast VS Wessex

Those 1-2hour progressive chill dub tech house mixes…when doing stuff helps get stuff done…

Also edm complextro to boost my energy boots.

Thanks to A Tribe Called Quest’s “We Got It from Here… Thank You 4 Your Service”, I’ve been on a quest to find anything featuring Jarobi White (his verses in “The Space Program” and “The Killing Season” are some of my favorite moments on the album). So far, my favorite find is this:

This is John Frusciante’s single from his upcoming release. I heard about it from Aaron Funk on Facebook. It’s really good:

So many teenage memories.

I love you so.

Play it LOUD. Blow your mind.

RIP, Bill :heart: