What are you listening to?

this is your opportunity to blame your parents for not birthing you sooner.

Maybe I will. Or at least the fact I was a late bloomer in the whole music forms stuffs. :hugs:

Nah, too easy…where you at mom?

don’t judge me

Holding Out For A Hero

Jim Steinman is insane.
If you listen to the shear musicality of this song from a composition point of view…it’s absolutely NUTS!

Fun side note for Safety Dance posted by @nose, for anyone who doesn’t know the tidbit already.
It was created as a tongue in cheek fuck you to “the man” because they went out to dance clubs and the popular dance of the time was called “Pogoing”, which comprised of putting your arms by your side (either up or down) and hopping up an down…sort of like a mosh, but without bumping into people. Well, the dance was repeatedly stopped by bouncers in clubs because it was claimed to be too dangerous. They found that to be absolutely stupid considering how little you were doing with your body (it hadn’t quite made it to slamdancing or moshing yet).
As a result, the “SAFETY DANCE” was created which included awkwardly and stiffly flailing your arms in big sweeping motions - basically as much of the opposite of Pogoing as possible.
Ergo the lyric,

I say we can dance, we can dance everything out control
We can dance, we can dance we’re doing it wall to wall
We can dance, we can dance everybody look at your hands
We can dance, we can dance everybody takin’ the chance

Basically it’s a giant

Cheers,
Jayson

lol
I’m STILL listening to Holding Out For a Hero on loop.
I have issues. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Jayson

This makes me think about Bio Dome every time.

Just heard this artist for the first time while on some BoC kick…

Ha! I had no idea about the back story of that song. That’s pretty funny actually, makes a lot more sense. I always just found it to be a way-too-catchy off beat song that gets obnoxiously stuck in my head for days. That’s good stuff, thanks for the share :slight_smile:

As a side note, pogoing was invented in 1976 by Sid Vicious of The Sex Pistols, and what all the U.K punk rockers did, myself included.

Enjoying the shit out of this album right now. On a real doom metal /stoner rock kick at the moment:

Damn that is great stuff! Been listening while doing some forum surfing and totally got lost in it. Thanks!

a week ago i got a new turntable (did not had one for almost 10 years) started to hear my old records and the ones my old neighbour left at my place… i have some few, mostly bob marley, reggae vinyls, but i was thinking the whole time … “damn, i have to get some good dub records” … than suddenly, while i was sorting the records a bit again… i had this in my hand… never seen this before… yeah, it`s good… and my first real dub record … although… modern remixed dub… anyway.

damn… i love vinyl.

With all this rain?

Deftones. All day. And probably some team sleep, too :slight_smile:

I’m loving the Luttrell album at the moment.

The first minute of this track is my favorite part of this whole album. Wish they made more break-beat tracks like this. It’s just so infectious and groovy. And it feels heavy, yet there’s really not a ton of low end on this. But I gotta say, I don’t really like this album for the most part. I still listen to it from time to time just because of the production. I totally understand what they were going for, but outside of a few very enjoyable sections here and there, it just doesn’t click with me.

This track is cool, though. They could’ve just looped that first section for 6 minutes and it would’ve been even better.

Love the fuck out of this track. Anytime it comes on, I always hit replay a few times.

Cheers,
Jayson

Just been really listening to The Doors / Joy Division today.

Those kind of vibes going on. :slight_smile: