To What Do You Owe Your Happiness Today?

A case of the lesser of two evils…but, trust me, you can drop the sweet stuff a lot quicker than the cigs, if you put your minds to it. :wink:

In my case, I had my last smoke on the 26th of last month and I’m finding the dreams are what’s really getting to me. I’m having these really vivid dreams about smoking or buying cigs…or trying not to smoke and being just about to smoke and then I wake up in a cold sweat. Don’t think I’ve had a good nights sleep since I went off them.

But it’s all worth it. :grin:

Got my hands on this:

Looking forward to playing with it later today.

I always enjoy getting a good deal from PA on a Brainworx plug in! I don’t feel like BX gets talked about by electronic musicians but I like all their plugs I own.

I am just happy because for the rest of the semester I have MONDAYS off (I mean, I have shit I have to do, but I can get up at 10:30am, dick around for a few hours in the morning and still get plenty done). 12 more weeks of MONDAY freedom : )

It’s great for a load of things, not just giving your subs stand out. It gives up something, be it on an individual track in a mix, on the master bus…or even during the mastering phase…well worth the dosh. :wink:

Don’t listen to the voices! Even in your dreams!

Kontakt 6 was on sale for half off, so I bit the bullet and bought it. Full disclosure: I used the free version and an old pirated copy which no longer worked with the new laptop @nose kindly gifted to me. I have a huge Kontakt library, and it turns out I got a crossgrade offer that made it even cheaper. $400 software for $125? Helllll yeah.

This brings me significantly closer to being able to make music and open old music files again. Still a ways to go, but it’s nice to have a legit copy of Kontakt after all these years (I tried to buy it wayyyyyyyyy back when I was in Japan for full price, but there was some crazy legal crap or something. It’s hard to remember).

Yeah…it costs a few pennies, but is well worth it. Tbh, I paid for KOMPLETE ULTIMATE a few years back and have found not only are there things in that box I still haven’t used, but that I find it really fucking hard to use anything other than Kontakt…and I’ve made an effort to try.

That’s no saying I don’t use anything else…just when it comes to NI’s stuff in general, Kontakt kinda kicks everything else out of the park, imo.

Kontakt is absolutely the tits weird stoner grin

Ice cube soup…

just happy to be back on the 1s and 2s and playing with music…no idea if/when I’ll ever actually play to a crowd again at this point but no plans to stop recording and uploading…

this shall now be known as the thread where in relic gushes about his new found inspiration and setup

so much joy totally improving last night…recorded 2 out 3 random DJ + groove boxes sessions…defo some fuck ups, but I’m on a mission to hit record no matter what

Totally wasting the full potential of the 1010 Music Bluebox recording just one stereo channel, but its a fabulous digital recorder.

No odd posts from me in 4 days…made me happy cause im not degrading idmf forum content.

it’s the finer things in life.

Sipping on Pernod (yea I’m a gross bitch that likes anise) while enjoying the fruits of my own labor and listening to my cool DJ mix a few times through. I ain’t even worried about the blip half way through, the rest is pretty decent for having been off the decks and drunk for a year lol

i recentley started watching an ungodly amount of cartoons, like my gf (of 8 years) and i have been loop eps of regular show, adventuretime, youtube animations etc. her father has been going for a rough bit, so to see her smile is a godsend

can i have a link to this dj mix?

during the stay at home order we spent whole consecutive evenings just watching the Office on repeat and doom scrolling on our phones…it was a healthy thing for us they took it off netflix

that show is good in moderation, it’s a way to bridge the gap

I like both versions but last season of US version was pretty weak and glad they ended it.