To What Do You Owe Your Happiness Today?

Yt user Drillobite…not sure if they were an idmfer…but finding out that they posted some idmf stuff is pretty awesome.

Same to you, man…it’s tough kicking the habit, but well worth it in the end. I hear ya on the tea…doing more of that myself of late…Earl Grey…black and weak, with a touch of cold water…really nice on hot days like we’ve been having here lately…kind of like unsweetened ice tea.

I’m also finding I’m sighing a lot…kind of wired and I’m not sure why…it’s not a conscious thing…just keeps happening.

Regarding meditating…I’ve been doing that for a while already…part of my daily thing is to sit outside first thing in the morning and just soak in all the sounds and sights for 30 minutes of so…really helps get the day off to a good start.

Anyway, best of luck with it…hope you manage to get off them and stay off them. :wink:

Chew gum to curb the smoking habit.
Maybe idk

Thank you! And the regular morning meditation sounds great. I hope I remember to try that tomorrow morning!

Yeah…and drinking water seems to help, too. The “hunger” isn’t so bad, thanks to the Champix tabs, so I’m not eating all round me…still, a few pounds is far better than the effects on my body from smoking.

Was going to make another tutorial but it was just a rehash of what I already made tuts about…so…that was going to be my day…didn’t make a good tutorial…but at least i fixed it so that the vids doesn’t have a shitty sound output.

Email confirming Alien: Colonial Marines Operations Manual physical copy is finally on its way. Oh fuck yeh.

Yay to FLP surviving pandemic and finally getting this out. Bring on the terrifying nerdery.

So fucking happy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/oq5ha9/nier_song_of_the_ancients_at_olympic_games_tokyo

:jp:

old windows comp is no longer laggy after i uninstalled winzip…no longer a pain in the ass to make tuts

Ran a Starfinder session for friends this evening, last time was I think about a year ago. Another Skittermander one-shot adventure called Skittercrash. It was hilarious mostly due to the guys roleplaying their little furry aliens to the hilt. Very silly.

Making an ep with glitchonimu style tracks…I finished two tracks so far.

A few more to go.

Lol glitchonimu as a music genre…lol.

Recently, on one of my rockhunting excursions I found the most intact fossil I’ve ever found.

best of all, it has a tiny creature in it with a body like a worm and a head like an anglerfish combined with king ghidorah.

I have no idea what this creature is, but it’s very small and very well preserved.

So yeah, I’m happy today.

Finally got the basics of the woulg vaetxh glitch sound…now to make it sound less like randomly sequenced glitch music.

That’s stress… quitting smoking is stressful. When that sigh happens try exaggerating it until you get it all out… you will feel better.

I tried to quit smoking hundreds of times… once I quit for three years and went back… so stupid!!!

I finally really quit smoking October of ‘89… I still have physical cravings… especially when I smell it… but I don’t miss it emotionally.

I still have dreams that I started smoking again and in my dream I’m devastated and disappointed in myself. When I wake up I’m sooooooo happy that I didn’t start smoking again!

How did I quit? One day I realized that quitting meant deciding “never again…” that scared me at first… the voices in my head started telling me “it’s OK … once in a while…” then I realized that those voices were not me… they were the addiction… controlling me… I was even more scared by the voices trying to control me…

Once I decided that I’m in control… not the voices… I never looked back.

Take a deep sigh :pensive: you will feel better…

the dreams will never stop, and I only smoked for a few years. I did vape for almost 10 though, still, cigs got me in the end. It’s been 1.5yrs since I quit and my morning coffee still gives me the craves.

But then I remember I kicked that shitty-ass habit, and that’s where it ends. Still, that’s the concious mind… the dreams are another story.

sometimes movies with gratuitous smoking scenes give me the jitters as well, lol

Quit smoking more than 10 years ago after smoking since I was 15 and sometimes I still feel I should have one

yea I smoked from about a decade and once in a while it still smells really good…

Yeah, thanks for that…and yeah, you’re not the only one who was stupid…I did the same thing, went off them for a while and then went back on them. That addicted part of my mind kept telling me I could just keep it down to under 5 cigs per day no problem…of curse that little voice lied to me…but I knew it tbh, I just wanted to smoke again…which I did and immediately regretted it.

Anyway, this time round I’m not making the same mistakes…I’ve learnt my lessons, trust me. :wink:

Props to everyone trying to quit smoking. I havent been a smoker in over decade but it was vert hard to quit. I feel like I kinda “lucked” into some things that helped me quit.