Things that piss you off the most

damn. what is the issue with your brakes?

My car is 14 years old, rust is the main culprit I think. Had a wheel stud break on me, the calipers themselves are getting worn out…just a litany of old parts that needed replacement. The rotors themselves were pretty bad off, nearly below spec.

My Honda Civic is 25 years old this year… I feel your pain, but holy shit man. I just replaced my brake calipers for 50 bucks.

Oldie civic crew unite. I have a 2003, before that I had a 92. Ran like a dream, really the only cars I’ve ever had.

Love my cheapie civic, so much better than a heavy banknote every month.

Oh yeah, it stings like a motherfucker for sure. But after an even more expensive 2nd opinion, i had to go with this estimate.

Fuck yeah, we are like cut from the same cloth man. I don’t have any care in the world what people see me driving in… don’t have any car payments and don’t have to pay overpriced insurance.

Yeah that sucks, I hate the feeling man. Hopefully your car stays golden for years to come.

That’s always been my justification for doing the work myself - if you can’t afford the newest and best on the regular, it’s a lot cheaper in the long run to keep older cars on the road doing the work yourself.

…if anything it’s makes me wonder if the shit I care about right now is really worth it

It’s OK to question your priorities in life after witnessing someone die you felt had their shit together, or liked and respected, or what have you.

Sometimes I just want to hit the reset button on life. Just toss it all and start over. Those days when you feel like no one gives a fuck about you, treats you like shit, making passive/aggressive insults. That sinking feeling will not go away.

it is probably increadibly [quote=“Numerical, post:110, topic:66, full:true”]
Sometimes I just want to hit the reset button on life. Just toss it all and start over. Those days when you feel like no one gives a fuck about you, treats you like shit, making passive/aggressive insults. That sinking feeling will not go away.
[/quote]

It probably isn’t healthy, but when ever I feel the existentialist dread creeping on me I either take a mental health day and a) get blazed and get down to writing a tune, b) I go let myself have lunch at some pub with a couple tall beers then I just kind of bum around, try to find somewhere outside to chill/hike for a while, visit my favorite local businesses, whatever.

Despite the obvious disaster it would be I’ve often thought of robbing the till and the safe and just disappearing forever…

I’ve had past trouble with my job and having a shit boss but I must say, this guy takes the cake. He’s very passive aggressive and imo sociopathic. Takes pleasure in making subordinates squirm.

that’s the worst, I know the type :confused: that’s fucking lame man…

the best thing you can do is to develop short term memory loss when it comes to work social situations, that and having an external source of happiness that he doesn’t know about.

I’ve had past trouble with my job and having a shit boss but I must say, this guy takes the cake. He’s very passive aggressive and imo sociopathic. Takes pleasure in making subordinates squirm.

Yeah, that was my boss at the Olympic Committee. Glad to see he left under a cloud of doom. Hang in there, man. We all need the money.

You guys are relying on Numerical for money??

Ha hEe huh ahae uhui ih hehe

for the next few days, basically everything.

finally using my vape as it was intended, to quit the nicotine habit. 2nd time trying in 6 years… at least it got me off smokes a few months ago.

fuuuuuuuuuuck this is going to be annoying

Hang in there man. It took me a bunch times to quit but now cigs are like one of the most disgusting smells I can think of…(not hating, just saying). And that was the real turning point for me, when they started smelling bad to me was when I quit wanting them when I was drunk and caught a whiff from someone else smoking.

I never did anything but cold turkey. When I finally quite I was down to smoking like only 2-3 a day, had started dating my current SO and she wanted me to quit. I heard that Chantix really works but pretty much everyone i know that used it had crazy nightmares/dreams from it. I’ve read that hypnosis is a legit option as well.

Quitting cigs was insanely hard, even switching to vape.

The shitty issue with vaping is I can literally do it all the time, smells good, just easy - too easy. It’s expensive though, not as bad as smokes… i was almost up to a pack a day.

Fuck. Thanks for the encouragement though, I think I can manage if I just keep my head into something.

I have to say I’m glad vaping wasn’t an option when I quit.

Smoked 2-3 packs a day for 22 years. Switched to a daily pipe for about three years after that. Woke up one day a decided I was tired of it - tired of the money, tired of the ritual, tired of stinking up every room I was in, tired of not being able to breathe and do shit.

Went to the store and bought a whole bunch of hard candy (butterscotch and cinnamon) and popped one every time I felt the need. After 24 hours, the nicotine is out of your system. Every single day after that you just don’t put more in. Put other shit instead. Candy, food, pencils, cock, whatever. Just not nicotine. One puff, one vape, one lozenge, restarts the clock. I don’t think you can cheat your way out of addiction.

It was ridiculously difficult at first, but totally worth it.