Things that piss you off the most

I love it when people assume shy and introverted means creepy. I’m quiet at work and OF COURSE some of the hoity toities up there are standoffish and shit…even after they come to me for help and tools. I’ve been there the 2nd longest out of the whole lot of 30-ish people. They would have fired me long ago if i hadn’t kept up with the program. My job employs close to 120 people at that location, and I just wish it was the 10 or 12 it was when I started there. There’s always and i mean fekn ALWAYS at least one standoffish peckerwood among the flock.

I get that too. I can be pretty extroverted at times, but I don’t go out of my way to talk to people.

I’ve had new people come into my department at work and they are like “oh man, yeah everyone thinks you are just quiet and angry all the time” lol.

like ok. I’m probably the most open and chill person, but it’s work… I have work to do…

…and why would I bother talking to co workers when I can spend time on here during the day periodically anyways. XD

In “Zorba the Greek” he says to the intellectual “boss”, “You think too much, that is your trouble. Clever People and Grocers, they weigh everything”. By your silence some people may think you are wise. Perhaps you know otherwise.

Enough years of this go by and you just kind of become that anyway. Then you build a hut for yourself and live under a rock by choice… if you’re me

I manage hundreds of people all day… up the food chain and down… divide that by 8 hrs and who has time to chat? I love the ones that keep a low profile and get shit done!

Back in the day when I worked with loud tools, someone would start to chat and I would look them right in the eye, pull the trigger and BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA they would look pissed and go away… and not come back.

My last boss at my old job, where I was a maintenance/handyman, told me he was glad he hired me because I don’t stand there and chit chat with people all day long.

Shit, at my new job there’s at least a few people who I describe as birds…they gather up all the tools and stuff (we do electro-mechanical box building control devices, panels n shit, mostly for oil-related companies like Weatherford and Halliburton) and i swear to christ they sit there and try to LAY EGGS. Just looking around like a drunk fool tryna seem like they are working but not actually doing it. A few weeks ago I walked in, sat next to James who is a fellow veteran of the manufacturing realm. We start at 7am, he doesn’t do a fuckin thing until 9. Doesnt even care who sees it. It’s ridiculous. I try to maintain my work ethic, head down fuckin doing shit…I just cant believe people get away with that kind of shit in that environment. Everybody sees you, bruh…I’m just sayin.

i have always been a quiet introvert.i have run 4 companies that way.
but people who know me tell me i have a big heart,that i should show more often.
among other things.i dont really care for idle chat,or pointless discussions.
i am direct without being a dick.doesn’t mean i can’t have some fun.
kinda why i miss the bad old days before the purge.(wanders off grumbling…why just…why)

Post some music dickwad :smiley:

soon…soon

No matter how much you try to prepare yourself for the death of a loved one, it never works.

I would agree with that sentiment although it is another thing to allow yourself to be washed away in a sea of grief. I found that my reading into deeper subjects helped me cope with the death of my mother from cancer. The belief that their is another existence helps.

This system guy is so rude :sob: someone please help, how do I report for harassment??

There’s a certain kind of bad luck to getting a bronchitis type illness :skull_and_crossbones: while you are in the middle of treatment :pill: taking antibiotics for a root canal. :sob: Like isn’t taking antibiotics supposed to help with this?

You’d be surprised. They’re basically just covering their asses for certain infections while potentially leaving you vulnerable to other ones. Antibiotics are considered necessary for most things like this, although they definitely aren’t 100%. Or maybe you were going to get the infection regardless.

I avoid doctors and hospitals like the plague, but when I had to get an organ removed earlier this year the antibiotics fucked me up for a long time. I’m still not totally back to normal yet, but it probably just made an ongoing problem a little bit worse.

Gut flora is one hell of a drug

Dorian is a cat 3 “or higher” already and it’s aimed right at my house, pretty much. I’m getting flashbacks already.

This is one of those ‘band-together’ zombie apocalypses. Time to recruit people to ensure survival and fight off the looters with shotguns :smiley:

Unfortunately Fred medical science does not have all the answers yet despite its arrogance. We know that the FDA is in the pocket of Big Pharma as well. Your local GP is always too ready to reach for the prescription pad (or computer keyboard). They are too busy treating patients to really keep abreast of all the latest medical research.

Yeah so im working on my new ep,1 track anyway…and i go and screw up a linux install by putting the efi in the wrong place.it boots linux no problem,but windows won’t boot cause there’s another os and just has to throw a fit.i can access the track i was working on as i saved it.but just the hassle if i cant fix the issue.siiiiiiiiiigh!but yeah.shit!

Maybe I’m retarded, but you should still be able to pull the file back out using Linux

yes I did just that before reinstalling!
nah no retardation evident.

Paralyzing anxiety, coping with chain smoking and loud music, when I should be studying. I’m in a weird period of my life