The Movie Thread

I saw Tenet on Monday!!!

It was pretty cool, tho I don’t want to give away any spoilers for anyone who hasn’t seen it. I definitely feel like I need to watch it again tho.

Going to watch the movie The Clovehitch Killer

Its not dated very well but I think its great. Uses Yul Brynner to great effect as it was off the back of the Magnificent Seven so audience expectation seeing him at the time was very different to what he turns out to be. Also it was the prototype for Terminator and a bunch of other stuff. But yeh, I get why someone coming into might not have such a great opinion of it.

I’m Thinking of Ending Things… pretty sure I’m not gonna watch this again.

Norbit…that movie makes me wanna vomit…cause Eddie murphy in a fat suit…
Nutty professor I can tolerate…but Norbit…just a big fat pile of Nope.

Dune trailer looks spiffing:

There is gonna be a deadpool 3…
Idk what theyll do…but hey they got a lot of internet shitposts as source material to work with…

Idk about dune but I’m wondering if they are gonna follow the book series and include the whole Duncan idaho (the real kwisatz haderach) butlerian jihad…and the great war with a.i. to the human diaspora to prevent extinction.

At least that’s what I know from the sparknotes…

The thing about The Wailing is that it expects us to know all of the mythology. I had no idea what happened until I watched a video on youtube that explained things that I’d never heard of.

Dr sleep is such a great movie.

Redrum.

First time in a while I’ve re-watched it but I’d forgotten just how much of a giggle Deadpool is. All 10 mutant thumbs way way up. Ordinary story delivered with much excellence and many great lines.

Anybody ever see Boys Dont Cry with Hilary Swank. Is it good?

Nope. :smiley::smiley:

Knives Out:

Fun, decent whodunnit.

Still not forgiving Ruin Johnson for The Last Jedi shitfest :stuck_out_tongue:

Recent nic cage movie that I liked

Knowing

He’s done some cool shit lately

Mandy and Color out of Space were awesome for his b-list career imo

Oh my God ! this is my least favorite actor! he acts with such a face, as if he does not want to act in films.

spook vibes

Halloween III: Season of the Witch - 8/10 - cult klassic halloween popcorn flick.

Sinister - 9/10 - This movie gets better every year, but I still refuse to see the sequel.

The Paramedic (weird spanish netflix thriller) - 3/10 - watch only to laugh and with subtitles on.

ABCs of Death 2 (again for the nth time) - 8/10 - some heavy hitters, some really terrible stuff. overall still has some of the best closing segments to an anthology series ever.

Acting is hard because you have to be another person in order to make a living…also its a very discriminatory and fickle industry I know this because of a documentary I saw by robert Townshend the guy that made meteor man.

Idk my favorite actors…I like William h. Macy…jeremy irons, Laurence fishburne, etc…

Actresses idk…

It’s very difficult to be a successful actor.

Just watched Sputnik:

Sputnik_(2020)_poster

Pretty good for what it is, and considering I have an infatuation with Russia, especially Soviet Russia, I found it entertaining, though it was slow and the story felt lacking overall.