The Movie Thread

Next year, Casablanca 2: The Casablancaning. I can’t wait.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot was… 75% painful…
…but it was at least nice to see a late sequel talk so much shit on its own existence.

Kevin Smith’s guilt trip is all that movie was.

Dogma was good though…

Bloodshot:

Jolly good crapper. The story itself is great, just lots of ham-fisted delivery. Some of the plot holes are quite funny. While they’ve clearly been setting up the origin story I’d be very surprised if there is a sequel.

Birds of Prey (+shitty not funny subtitle that tries too hard):

1 hr 49 of Margot Robbie working hard as fuck because the writers didn’t.

1917:

This film is a journey and its a great film. Every encounter has a consequence. Not a lot I can say without spoilers so stopping there.

Artemis Fowl:

Erk. 5/10 if you’ve not read the book, 2/10 if you have and care if it should be like the source material. It actually passes amiably enough but its almost zero like the source material. Great cast wasted. Nonso Anozie ace as usual.

Such a weird fuckin’ time to be a movie buff. I’m almost out of backlog stuff that seems highly curious. we’re in a massive drought production wise this year.

Someone recommend something to me! fuuuuckkk

Fuckin’ love that movie. Pretty underground gem, at least here in the states.

I have the book its based on by Irvine Welsh, same author as Trainspotting. Pretty hard to read, it’s like trying to digest a Scottish accent in writing. There’s a certain charm to that, all things considered XD

The movie? Or was there a book of that?

I honestly couldn’t finish the movie, I made it about halfway and got a little shnockered enough to say fuck it. It just wasn’t the same vibe at all - regardless of the cast age. The writing is what felt aged the most.

I just started that one up this year! I need to get deeper in, I have to take his books pretty slow. haha.

good taste my friend! :beers:

Rampage.

Terrible film. Loved it from start to finish. Just laughed and laughed and laughed.

The Old Guard:

Fucking tremendous. Loved it. Not perfect and if you go looking as usual there’s stuff to crit. Charlize Theron is a great action hero. I need to re-re-re-watch Atomic Blonde again.

^Just talked to somebody about that at work not fifteen min ago. Not a TV show dude…still need to finish Dark Crystal.

Ha, I came in here to post for the first time in a million years. Last thing I watched was:

Alita is awesome, dammit. It’s got everything: Great setting, good diverse cast, strong female lead without it being in your face, lovely little romance (I swear, people have forgotten what it’s like to be in love), nice father figure, and cyborgs beating the crap out of each other.

Plus, it’s a great adaptation of the source material. Wonderful attention to detail. Hadn’t seen it since it was first released, but I got the bluray last year and hadn’t watched it yet. Shame there won’t be any more, but I’ve read the comic…it starts to suck hard and still isn’t finished yet. Gave up years ago. I know where it goes. I’m more than satisfied with this film adaptation.

I also watched Fury Road, fuck me, that movie rules.

Also, slowly making my way through the Shinya Tsukamoto box set. A friend tipped me off on it. I didn’t even know it existed. Those movies were one of the reasons why I wanted to buy an all region player, but I can put that off for now (I want Martyrs, Absentia, and The Loved Ones on disc, though…). That set has The Adventures of Electric Rod Boy (old 8mm film). Still fuxking love that guys movies.

Hard to watch stuff lately working two jobs, moving, and still trying to socialize…and avoiding covid crap).

Honestly that whole trilogy is worth watching lol, pretty damn hilarious.

The Uwe Boll one or the newer one that looks even worse? I think the Boll one was the one that had a trilogy IIRC

It was this one:

Didn’t even know there’d been more Boll tragic cinema with the same name :smiley:

MIB International:

Lots of lols, few for the right reason but fuckit there’s some great bits in it.

“For science AND FUN!” nearly spat out my drink. The binary bad guys are great.

Plotwise boil your brain and send it out of the room while you watch this. If you can’t figure out what’s really going on in the first few mins you are already dead and being sold as fresh(ish) meat somewhere.

As usual hard to get into detail without spoilers and fuck that because you have the rest of the internet if you want to do that.

Nothing but love for what Danny Elfman did and it makes me chuckle that anyone following knows that’s where the bar is.

I’ll sit down now to watch this movie

Pulp fiction ya

I watched yestreday The New Mutants movie. I liked the blond.

I expected that the new mutants will be a film like a glass film, but in short, it’s not quite like that. in general it is good movie.

I’m finally getting around to watching the Bourne movies. First one down. It was sweet. I was all amped to experience the greengrass shakey cam and then realized that he didn’t even direct the first one.