The How you are really doing today thread

How am I really doing?

Rotting my brain with cannabis.

Smoke it to numb me, just makes me more paranoid – I still smoke it anyway.

And have been on the coke again all night for the first time in ages and have remember why it’s so much fun, and also why it’s so fucking bad.

Rediscovering my love for guitar again, and it feels amazing. For the past year I had severe pain in my back that prevented me from playing (and doing lots of other things) but thankfully it’s all over. It’s like waking up from a year-long nightmare and rediscovering melodies again.

Wow! That’s brilliant mate, so glad you’re back in business!

That must have been tough going.

It reminds me of a story of a friend of my Dad’s.

30 years ago, he fell over and broke his nose, however, one of his nostrils became disfigured in such a way, that whenever he breathed in through his nose, that nostril would close like a flap, prevent airflow through one nostril.

Then, ironically, 30 years later, he fell over again, and broke his nose again, but this time, when it healed, the flap no longer obstructed his breathing, and he could inhale a deep breath through both nostrils for the first time in decades!

Love that. That’s just absurdly comical.

Next time it happens go to the Chiropractor they will fix the guitar induced back pain

Strangely enough, I have a chirpractor in my family and I was getting free routine adjustments the whole time. It turned out to be my innards though so now everything is fixed and I don’t have to deal with that BS again

That must be the weirdest coincidence for someone to live though! It’s like the guy who had a heart attack, crashed his car and then his heart started beating again from the impact (still not sure if that story is true, but it makes for a great urban legend!).

I feel you on the booger sugar. Havent partaken in ages. But that line between it being fun and suddenly just feeling wrecked and used up is a very thin line.

I just don’t trust it not have to fentanyl in it these days around here. But Ive done plenty for one person in one lifetime.

Yeah, that’s been a put off for me too since finding out about it, another reason not to do it. Fortunately this stuff felt super clean, and there was very minimal depression in the come down – actually made a tea with some shrooms I had in a drawer for year yesterday by myself, was challenging in some ways, it was a very emotional and thought provoking experience, I felt like I got what I needed from it.

Well that’s good to hear : ) We have billboards around here warning people about fentanyl being in everything and from the little word I get “from the street” these days it is actually true.

Been feeling a little better myself. I don’t know if it is a good or bad thing health wise but I like being back physically in the classroom, I like getting out of the house more. I feel more like I have structure and a schedule.

Making music again. Lots actually. Sure most of the ideas end up being nothing. Once again need to clean up my studio and my gear all set back up. But really excited for this current setup because its really what I’ve been wanting to do for years but it just didn’t really ever fall together.

Also, it officially feels like fall and it is horror movie season.

I had a good few days… but I’m not ok…

I feel like I’m holding on to stuff from like 3 weeks to 5 months ago.

Idk…it’s like this is my reminder to remember certain stuff so that I learn my lesson.

I was laid off from my job about 7 weeks ago and told by the GM that it was because they couldn’ afford to pay me at the time…but also that I’d be back to work there in 6-8 weeks and paid me an extra paycheck to get me by until the time came. I kind of felt like the GM was bullshitting me and it was just hot air from a guy that regularly spews hot air, So I’ve been looking for a new job and NOTHING is going for me right now. I have talked to so many people on the phone and it’s just agony trying to find something I can do and don’t hate my life doing.

Yesterday I lined an interview up during, well, a phone interview…and got ghosted today. Apparently employers still think they can do whatever the fuck they want and prospective employees will still line up to take the punishment. I’m kind of glad this whole (weak) movement to make employment better for the workers is happening right now, because I feel like in the last ten years or some, so many companies do take advantage of the minimum wage to find cheap labor (and run those people into the ground, never giving any raises) while people are struggling to pay the rent is criminal and should be fixed asap.

That really sucks man. While I am on the side of “you don’t have to love what you do” I completely agree you at least have to be able to tolerate it mentally and physically.

Wishing you some luck!

Haven’t made any music in months…trying to be more social…cut out most media from my life.

just getting out of that music slump myself…its always in “bi polar” cycles for me (I don’t mean to slander anyone who actually has bi polar disorder). as much as we love it, if it is just your hobby don’t sweat it.

I’m not trying to make this about me, but I communicate by speaking about my own experience, I mostly have an interest in music in spurts unless I have the very rare gig coming up…if that’s the case I’m on the 1s and 2s like a fly on shit but otherwise its very hit and miss. I wish I were more consistent but life is a bitch and TV and weed are easy.

Im Doing better, just wanted to say thank you for not banning me for all my shitposts and my behavior over the years, and thank you for being there and being understanding, you know who you are.

Tbh my faith in humanity has been somewhat restored.

So thank you and take care of yourselves. See you around the forum.