The Hardware Megathread

I feel like hybrid setups are the way forward (especially if you want to finish tracks and not just do live jam stuff)–dunno what your goals are as long as I’m making dance tunes to play live I won’t be using mostly or all hardware for that.

Hybrid AF at 1156HQ.

Comes up for air

…I got sucked into video games lately. Friend of mine invited me to play ARK with her and I’ve lost myself to taming dinosaurs and re-making Jurassic Park :joy: After being savagely murdered, repeatedly, I’m basically working on figuring out how to be the Raptor Queen and run around with a pack of raptors :joy:

Though I do have a Tyrannosaur, now, too. I named her Rexy after the T-Rex from Jurassic Park/World :eyes:

Not really a lot of music gear I want at the moment. I still want a Hydrasynth and maybe a Strymon Volante, but that’s really about it. It’s kind of a nice place to be at, tbh.

And I totally get the hybrid thing, and it’s easier than ever to achieve that sort of feel/workflow. I’m also generally pretty happy with my MacBook Pro, Bitwig, and a Launchpad, with a controller script that lets it act really close to a Push.

Dude, Strymon pedals are the SHIT. I have two pieces of hardware right now and still wish I had my El Capistan : (

I have BW and a Launchpad too… getting back to using them together more after having it collect dust for about a year. Which controller script are you using? I am having some issues with the Moss script that it doesn’t want to f.e. recognize when I am on a synth and allow me to use the keyboard mode…

Oh well, I’m facing a week of self-isolation and work from home, so between wanks I’ll have plenty of time for music and planning my hybrid setup. Odd how the Force pushed me back into daws…

That’s what has kind of pushed me away from some of these big flagship machines.

I’m using DrivenByMoss and haven’t had that problem, but using the “extension” to be more specific, which is java, and not the collection of js “scripts”. I don’t think I’m on the absolute latest version though, either.

This PA sounds fab even at low volume. Staying up stupid late sticker bombing my studio desk and the little lady is fast asleep across the hall while Im bouncing to that 128 bpm shit

from the videos Behringer have been posting as of late its seems their after cloning the Linndrum, i do love the Linndrum sound, i like it better than the 808/909, suppose it just reminds me of the 80’s.

When i upgraded to Reason 11 the other week i bought the Linndrum rack extension and spend the evening replicating the “Aha take on me” beat :heart_eyes:, I’m interested what behringer have planned.

I’ve got all these plans to do a carpenter style track with the Matrixbrute, OTO Bam and Linndrum extension, yet i never find the time/motivation :face_with_head_bandage:

First few hours with the Microfreak are super positive.
I wasn’t concerned when I went through the presets, but once I started making my own sounds things improved drastically. I love the capacithingy keyboard thing.

My motivation is very manic. I find the best way is to just jump in and mash pads and keys and if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work…but if I get that little ember going and give it a gentle kiss of creative air I can usually get smoke then fire…

I just realised despite being a keyboard retard that a synth with keys makes a huge workflow difference.
To nobody surprise I guess…

Agreed. I’ve very little clue what I’m doing, but it is way easier to find the rhythm of a bass line w keys even if the notes need changing later. Even something that “fakes” having keys on a set of pads is good.

Self isolation, perfect scenario

Is that the new one, whatever its called? I’m curious to know how much of a synth it can be as it seems more a percussion machine.

to be honest its more of a percussion machine, its basically a digitone that can only be tweaked via Macros, but you can get things down that fast that its great fun, doesn’t have all the complexities of the other elektron boxes.

Dem 'phones. Ma babies!

Just ordered new pads for mine :slight_smile:

Trackers are the new analog…

Cables question.
The Microfreak output is mono, I’m currently using a splitter to record in stereo on the Force, am I setting myself up for sound issues?