The Hardware Megathread

Doesn’t the force control Ableton? How good of a controller would that be?

I would need to upgrade to Ableton 10 to find out…

Ah, yeah I’m a couple versions behind as well

I think it would be worth it. You can go wrong with sessions on your outboard gear and laying it into a project or around other stuffs.

I’m thinking some along the lines of Digitakt + IPad or another hw synth.
I still want to have a sampler I can play with away from my desk even though Ableton’s Simpler is pretty much great already.
If only I could sample directly into it

I don’t have ableton yet, but it’s an interesting prospect because the Force can supposedly be running it’s own project and control ableton at the same time. With arranger mode coming, can you arrange the launching of an entire live set in the force’s arranger? That crossfader is a fun thing that feels totally under-used - though I could set it up right now such that I have an external audio track on one side and all the force’s internal audio on the other, and have some fun flipping between two different mixes of the same project maybe? Of course, I can’t ever, in a live situation, be forced to load another project because that would stop all audio during the load AFAIK.

Been thinking about that with Bitwig. One option is to use a looper to capture the end of a track and then load up the next one. Or make a super project with all your stems in the clip launcher.Then you can mix and fade etc like a boss. Seems the closest idea itb to the Force to me.

I think this was an Octatrack transition trick to go from one track to another.
The Live and Force have a shit ton of ways of working in common but the Force is let down by not having disc streaming, that sorted and you could have live sets for days.
The arrangement is really cool, apart from a few shortcomings which are normal on a new feuture, maybe…

As for my conundrum, I’ll try finishing a few tracks in Live. Then see how different it was from the Force.
I might ignore the Live integration and just use Live via Midi as an external synth, launched by the Force clips, best of both worlds I guess…

My PA subwoofer is supposed to ship in the next couple days. I’ll give the hardware crew first dibs, what tunes should I play first?

I have that “808” LP that came with the documentary that came out some years back. All the jungle/DnB classics and 90’s hip hop. Anything thoughts?

Also, in a DJ setup, is the Boss RC 202, probably my best bet for a looper? I’d really just like another CDJ, but I’d also have to upgrade my mixer. Even the RC 202 is maybe a little more than I should spend haha, but curious if anyone had any thoughts.

Scary Monsters Nice Sprites.

Oh no wait Bassnectar.

NO NO - Subfocus.

• The Glitch Mob.

OK that’s all the bass music I know, am I clearly out of touch yet?

Oh I will defo play some Subfocus : ) Good call.

@relic I bet John Hopkins - Immunity would sound ace through that sub.

YASSSS. Good pic man. Such a great LP. I need to dig that for a track or two to drop at camp anyway.

vessels - elliptic
blu mar ten - empire state

I’ll defo be playing some Blu Mar Ten, love those guys. Still rate that sample pack they were giving away for ever.

SKWEEEEEE

Oh dang. That boi is thiccc. Looks more like a piece of furniture than a woofer.

I actually came here to talk about the Medusa, they apparently dropped the price on it to $800, and I’ve seen some new vids on it recently that rekindled my interest in it a bit. Plus that’s a full MPE controller on it now too (and I assume responds to MPE from external midi?).

18in 2200 watts, thicc af (105lbs according to the manual)

At a quick glance the Medusa looks like the coolest thing I’ve seen from Dreadbox (I realize it is a collab). I mean, seems a lot going on under the hood for that price point.

I’m definitely going to drop the Force in favour of Live plus stuff, I’ve been using the two together and the Force feels like a clunky Live.
Plan is

• Live as it’s beautiful daw/looper thing;
  • maybe Push 2 for that hands on feel;
  • A desktop module for fun synthesis