The Hardware Megathread

Who uses the ‘Roland-Verselab’ here? What do you use it primarily for?

I know it’s kind of an all in one function to go dawless but I have a ton of hardware synths, drum machines, semi-modular, etc., and it is the only piece of gear I haven’t found a way to relate to. Thinking it may just become another sampler function for me but wanted input from other fellows using it

the 8pre has 8 inputs vs the 16 of the 16Rig. It doesn’t have outputs on the front. It doesn’t have a 3.5mm input on the front. It doesn’t have USB ports. These are all important for me and why it’s on my radar.

I don’t really need 8 mic pres, and while you’re probably right about the converters that isn’t really something I’m worried about in 2023.

Unrelated:

That KAOSS Replay looks great, the only thing that was nagging me during the review is why didnt Korg give it a sequencer

I bought this M8 quite a while ago, its just the last week or so I’ve started getting my head around it as its nowhere near as instant as the polyend tracker, but my god what a brilliant little machine.
here’s a little sketch.

Just bought this to sit in my resampling chain… crimbo period GAS satisfied :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t even care about the no sequencer, this would be fun as hell on the fx loop of my DJ mixer.

edit: oh fuck that, 1,000 USD lol I don’t want it that bad

No way in hell would I drop a grand on that Frankenstein piece of kit.

In fact, I’d pay 899 for this long before I gave Korg a grand for their thing….

You have some substantial pieces of hardware in your kit guys.

you are not alone, that’s a very common complaint. Seems bizarre.

well now I am 100% anti-Decksaver. My Push, Maschine+, Launchpad X, and probably Livid DS-1 if I can find it, all have marks/scratches on their sides, and even the top…

Oh, the irony.

In other news, I sold that Push and bought an APC64 to celebrate getting a silly deal for a Live 11 upgrade.

It will not be getting a Decksaver once available :upside_down_face:

As much as they charge, they should update their product with paper-thin strips of foam where it touches gear… :woman_shrugging:t2:

So anyway, and actually unrelated, I do happen to have a sewing machine that was recently given to me, so I guess I better get to work making my own covers :upside_down_face: (so it’s now more related)

Shockingly only $300 and not $3000

Not buying one even if it’s tempting… though tbh if I was in the market for a SP-404 this would be more on my radar

I ordered an ERAE Touch with a european adapter. They charged $51 to ship it, oof. The site said the US adapter one was out of stock and wouldn’t let me order -_- I was big mad until I went “silly bitch it’s a DC barrel adapter” lol…

Imagine telling people something is out of stock over a power adapter lol. It’s 12V 2A, I’ll find one during the “1-2 weeks” it says it’ll take to ship…

Edit Having buyer’s remorse already lol. And I found a $30 guitar to MIDI plugin for expressive MIDI playing…

This on looks really cool, I wonder if it works as good as It looks.

Apparently there is/was a problem with the fader crapping out.

Have you tried reaching out to the distributor.

Yeah I reluctantly preordered one using a 10% off code, so it was closer to $800 or so with free shipping.

I also have their T1 sequencer and like it a lot, so I bit. I really would like to see what it can do, but the specs seem very interesting and I think it’d pair very well with an Octatrack.

Hello my fellow hardware people, I hope you’re well!

I thought I’d be nice, show my face around, share in preview the deranged mini Xmas EP I’m releasing tomorrow, all made on MPC of course, then disappear a bit longer.

I see that the hardware megafaces are always the same, which is nice…

And hardware update, I shrunk it all down to MPC and Sp-404 mkii, but the latter doesn’t get much use…

Looking forward to sitting down with this later. I remember being really impressed by the work you did with the Microfreak on an EP a few years back, so I expect great things here!

Also, I mentioned elsewhere that I was working on a trade this weekend, that went down this morning, and I’m now short one blue Super6 and up one white Super6 module.

Someone on Elektronauts seemed desperate for a trade, and I walked away with enough cash to pay for my first semester of grad school textbooks. Plus, now I have room on that top tier for another module later next year…