The Hardware Megathread

Been feeling that early 90’s UK rave sound again. Randomly looked up romplers on eBay…these sellers are fucking insane. I’m sorry but I’m not paying over $100 for a very well used 90’s rompler lol. I’ll just buy a sample pack at that point.

They’re hiking up in price again. Thanks DAWless jammers :rofl:

LOL. 100%

“hey guys! I just bought a Proteus 2000 for $599, am I cool now?”

Hell I might sell mine for $600 if people are buying… :eyes: XD

Not with Techno Synth Construction Yard or Beat Garden. Those are $300+ ROMs now :smile:

Edit This is the same crowd that drove up prices on beat up looking guitars and basses to the point that the Fender Custom Shop started offering several grand instruments that are “pre-distressed” like an over-priced pair of jeans…

I’ve got an ES-3 as well, love it love it love. Always meant to get an ES-6 to pair with it but after awhile I didn’t really find a need for it in my workflow - more about getting the computer sound source stuff out to the modular (both audio and CV), and I can feed back in through 1/4" inputs on my interface. I do also have a handful of DIY CV/MIDI converters that will serve in a pinch.

I’ve considered offloading the ES-3 and putting the money towards an ES-8, which would really open up some possibilities. But they’re out of stock everywhere anyway, so whatever…I’ll bide my time and see where I’m at when supply chain’s re-up.

I dunno what they are actually selling for but…

Oh, well, you see, the Proteus 2000 came with 128 voices already. The other ones that came with their own ROMs only had 64 unless you got the “turbo” upgrade (or maybe you could buy them like that, too) that expanded them to 128 voices.

It’s still not worth $600, especially with all the flaws listed :rofl:

(and not when a Proteus 2000 and Mo’Phatt module purchased separately are cheaper…)

Ive not experimented with it, but apparently you can capture modulation as audio sources to “sample” and playback from DAW (Ableton Live in my case) that sounds super interesting.

I still don’t have a lot of eurorack, so having the ability to sort of “cheat” with Ableton’s tools really expands the capabilities.

Hey don’t diss people with more money than brains (as long as they’re willing to give us their money).

I think I’m going to put my Proteus 2000 on eBay for $750. it’s basically brand new and I even have the manual. If someone is dumb enough to pay that price, well, more power to them :laughing:

I didn’t think about that; I can advertise that I have the manual, and “ultra rare ROMs pre-installed” :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

Please. Please. Please scam the hardware hipsters and keep me informed lololol (I guess it isn’t scamming if they are just stupid)

Wow. Given the very light weight TD-3, the somewhat light weight RD-8, Behringer’s Pro-1 clone is all metal except the cheeks. Knobs are super solid. And heftier than I thought it would be.

My K-2 and Wasp are metal, too. I could go out on a limb and say “because Eurorack” but who knows.

ugh… And this is why I’ll prolly never own another Sequential Multi Trak.
or Poly 800 mkII
or CZ1000/5000
or most of the stuff I used to own.

@Koldunya I just find it strange that its all in that begginer/prosumer price range but the build quality varies wildly. Because let’s be honest…the TD-3 is a piece of crap in that regard. Like, if I were really into Acid music I would have twisted the cutoff and rez knobs off already lol. But some of the other stuff seems damn decent for the money.

@misterjones313 yea it kinda sucks. I’d really love to have Electribe-SX and an Electribe R MKII again but not at those prices…and fuck me…I had a pretty much mint ER-1 MKII at one point and sold it like a fool because I wasn’t using it constantly.

Probably something to do with expected sales vs profit per unit, etc. Stuff us mere mortals cannot deign to possibly know or fathom. It is staring into the void of cosmic horror; only madness lies that way.

But yeah, there is a pretty large jump in quality for Behringer from $100 to $300+ range on their synths.

I returned that Pianoforall course and have started this one:

https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-to-play-the-piano-from-scratch/

It’s only $15 (sadly for the next few hours only). Very thoroughly explained, comes with play along tracks (and at three speeds so far), a book of scales and chords and theory. He even gave a “main download” for the course that is everything and organized just as it is on Udemy. You can tell he tailored his videos to Udemy’s platform and didn’t just upload a bunch of videos used elsewhere. The result is a much nicer flow than the other courses I have gotten my money back on.

Edit I took a peek at the scales book, and it’s also not music notation. Just highlights the keys and says which fingers to use :eyes:

alright you lot get the first listen, of the first draft of the first song for the new EP. Bro-1 does the liquidy/squelchy lead. Shameless sampling from UTube…total first draft recorded off the DJ mixer and edited in the DAW. going to re-record the Bro-1 lead live and twist some knobs.

Most of the work was done on the SP-16. also a lot of Novation Monostation in here for a lot of synth sounds. Trying to do like… a modern Acen kinda thing. like before hardcore and jungle split, but you know with modern gear and shit.

if you want a download let me know, I think it sounds better

nice work for a first draft. I especially dug the breakdown section in the middle.

yall got samplers, right?

https://nnty.fun/downloads/other/90ssamplecds/converts/?fbclid=IwAR2V5oYhutyfVSinRhD_8ckywEaoQ1xSIamPfX4N_wWYn8OjPUmXwflB8l0

don’t crucify me. mods - if this isn’t allowed please just nuke this post. …and perma-ban me, i hate it here. :stuck_out_tongue: