The Hardware Megathread

Incel Metal \m/(>.<)\m/ :rofl:

What if its doom tho?

The Nektar Pacer I ordered for 20% off on the 8th won’t ship until the 26th :unamused:

But 20% off is 20% off and I knew it wasn’t in stock when I ordered it. Oh well.

I also think I should sell my iZotope mixing/mastering stuff. I never use it, and FFS there are a ton of plugins if you have Advanced. Studio One scans through all few hundred of them…

If I bother with mixing plugins these days I usually just toss Smooth Operator on it :smile:

Hardware synths with wavetable position modulation. What are my options?
(Hydrasynth, excpet I hated the way the modulators are setup)

I pretty much need a nice source for those typical basses with an envelope scanning the wavetable position…

Came in today. Been wanting one ever since I sold them in the late 90’s. Now I have to find either XGWorks or XGEdit to get the goodness out of it.

I’ve been looking at the Argon 8 but you can’t load your own wavetables (it seems to come with plenty, though). I’m almost positive you can do some really cool modulations of wavetable position with it though.

I’m waiting to hear back from my friend Dan to know how good or not this thing is.

My mind jumps to Korg Modwave or Novation Peak (I know Peak has wavetables and you can even import custom wavetables, not sure how that goes on the synth itself).

you know what’s nice about hardware? I can look at it and know what it is. I was cleaning up my plugin folder and went “Verv? What the fuck is Verv?” :joy: (after a bit of searching it’s a Puremagnetik reverb).

lolol. I’ve gone through this myself. Looking at plugins like “what the hell is this and when did I download it???”

…my f’ing /Steinberg/vstplugins folder is 19GB o.O

Time to go culling…

Edit Ah, yes, because Beatskillz installs libraries there. I’m going back to my Jam Station :tm:

holy shit, do you have like Kontakt libraries in there or something?

has anyone ever actually used a Beat Kangz Beat Thang??? I was perusing a local pawn shop the other day and nestled between an MPC5000 and a pair of MPC Renaissance’s was a Beat Thang. Never actually seen one in person, also never known anyone to have bought one either but I remember they had the intarwebs buzzing for a hot minute leading up to the release.

I have some sampled instruments from Beatskillz I got for cheap. Probably time to delete them, though. I have my little hardware setup pretty dialed in to make the same sorts of sounds at this point.

I could not bring myself to use a product with a name like that. I don’t care how cheap or great it is XD I do remember it being a thing, and then typically promptly forget it ever existed until I come across the name again.

A previous IDMfer, Jazzyspoon has one in his studio and said it was quite nice. I never had the honour…

Why was I not made aware that Winter NAMM 2022 was postponed until June? :unamused:

:rofl:

I re-organized my eurocase so that I could accommodate a pair of Expert Sleepers modules. I’ve got to say being able to use Ableton’s CV toolkit and or VCV rack with my HW eurorack is a GAME CHANGER.

I don’t know if it is objectively bad, but it just goes to show that someone with talent can get you something good with almost any gear.

On the other hand…I’m not going to lie…some of these FX pedals coming out are basically a cheat code for making certain kinds of music lol … I’m looking at you Hologram Microcosm. Like anyone can make a basic pad patch and make it sound good with that pedal.

What modules did you end up getting?

Totally agree that computer CV in/out is a whole new world.

I got their ES3 and ES6 used, dead simple, plug optical in and out and you’re good to go.