The Hardware Megathread

When I bought the Super6, I told myself “oh it’s a small company, they’re gonna be busy doing a new synth - no way they’ll put out a module”.

So to any interested parties, there may be a blue Super6 for sale in the near future. Just want to see how much this weighs and actually costs. Problem with me and modules in the past has been that by the time I sell my keyboard and buy the module, it has often cost me money somehow.

Just under £2000 UK price

ive just watched Stimming talk about it at Superbooth, i nearly smashed my monocle when he said it was 2799 euros :roll_eyes:

I hope that price is different in the US or my price issue with modules continues, that translates to almost $2800 US which is what I paid to import my keyboard from Germany (including customs and 2-day air shipping during the Christmas rush) XD

Somehow that price doesn’t surprise me. Looks like a cool little box but I’ll continue to use my laptop has a finishing tool : )

When you figure something out on your own because you’ve got a little experience.

Was trying to figure out how to use some acoustic instrument loops on my M:S in a Disco/House DJ set. M:S doesnt have time stretch. But I can p lock sample start, delay and sample length so if I put in the work I can use tap tempo to beat match my M:S loops with my CDJs. First experiment worked a charm. Cranked the BPM up and a down things sound pretty good, better towards the original BPM of the loop.

I suspect I may finally max out p locks on an elektron device for the complex loops :joy:

Can’t believe I am saying this but really wish the Monostation had a software editor for patterns. I have a bunch of bassline patterns I want in it for for use in DJ sets and transcribing them by hand is for the birds. Especially since Im just copying and not creating.

Stunning priced his mastering box right out of range for most people who would want a box like that in that form factor.

I know right? I feel like most people that’ll spend 2,500 on that were willing to buy nice compressors etc anyway.

It arrived early so maybe I have time to play tomorrow :grinning:

Anyone up for wild speculations based on the fact that Elektron trademarked the name “Syntakt”?

That they intend to keep their bank accounts “intakt”?

Sorry couldn’t help myself I’ll go now. Seriously if it’s another of the black box sized ones they should make a 4 way VESA mount and name it “intakt” so you can mount them all together. Include cable routing, maybe a midi hub. People would buy it.

On Elektronauts consensus seems to be on a digital drum machine in the Digi format, or a va synth. To be frank, I would buy either.

Go through the thread on Elektronauts, it’s pure gold!

A proper va synth in digi format would be the best thing they could do. They should have done it 4 years ago a bit after the DT release. Seems silly they didn’t and moved onto the model boxes before rounding out the digi series.

Interesting, yea, I’d like to see the VA synth. Almost everything in their lineup is basically a drum machine besides the A4 and DN.

@Auto-meh-geddon I saw that, maybe I’ll give a quick glance through…I’m sure its hundreds of replies at this point hahaha.

@RFJ yea, agreed, and interesting you bring up the Model boxes as they’ve got the samples on sale for 249USD on their own webstore right now. Wonder if there is a connection at all.

Yeah I got that e mail from them about the price reduction and thought something must be in the pipeline.

If it’s a va digi box I’m going to have a difficult time saying no. At that point I’d probably require a DT as well knowing me, lol.

Haha. Agreed. Ever since the DT, DN then the Model series…I was like why oh why is one of these NOT a straightforward synthesizer? A little part of me would like to see them do a wavetable synth in Digi form as well, but I think its just because I kinda want a wavetable synth. I’m a bit over the analog craze at this point.

Wavetable would totally be fine too because, assuming it has a filter (don’t know why it wouldn’t) it’s essentially a va as well.

Also, where’s the thread on Elektronauts about all this. Looked, can’t find it. Help!

I think this is the big one.

I had an unexpected windfall and the source insisted I spend it on something fun…

…this Sp-16 Toraiz is the perfect way to integrate live versions of own beats into my dj sets as it uses Pioneer’s DJ Link tech so I can sync it w my CDJs

Gotta say really intuitive, though I watched a few quick walk thrus. First impressions are that Ill mostly want to prep my sounds on other devices. The digital fx and filters and usable but very basic.

I like the DSI Prophet 6 LPF and HPF on the master. The overdrive sounds pretty good as well.

It has a good looking song mode if I really want to let the machine do a lot of the heavy lifting. One reviewer said it’s a 50/50 split between a performance tool and a production tool and that seems absolutely true.

Drum samples Im likely to load raw and sequence on board. Everything else Ill likely sample my hand rolled loops and one shots after serious sound design work on other devices or in the DAW

I haven’t explored it yet but it might also act as a bridge between my CDJs and other hardware as it has both DJ Link and MIDI i/o.

If one was expecting to dump a bunch of premade loop packs on this and construct songs I think theyd be disappointed as the sound shaping onboard seems good for finishing/mixing but not creating.

I am happy that for the money its an actual sampler. But honestly w drag and drop storage over USB I might record loops to my DAW, finish them and drop them onboard.

Not sure Id recommend it over the Digitakt if one wasnt invested in the Pioneer DJ format. Or if they wanted to do their sound design outside the SP-16 and use it primary for performance.

Like everything Pioneer DJ you are paying for the privilege of it being easily adaptable to that closed ecosystem. I’m not mad or upset about it, just the way things are.

I also feel like they used to cost more than they do now. Anyway. Didn’t find the price unreasonable given the options.

In many regards it isn’t all that deep but frankly that’s what I like about it. Pretty much WYSIWYG. A reasonably priced solution to spice up DJ sets and perform you own beats live. I think I’ll have my synths and samplers hooked up to my Mackie Mix8 with some pedals and the Tone Beast on the Aux Send and the master out going into the inputs of the Toraiz Sp-16 for sampling hand rolled loops/sounds into the SP-16.

If the DJ Link sync crosses over to the the MIDI Out I’ll probably connect the RD-8 for live use as you can also use the SP-16 inputs as live audio thrus and assign that to any of the 16 tracks.