The Hardware Megathread

Not OC but thought it was funny.

So true

Rage Aainst The Machine around since approx 1991.

Octatrack since what, 2010?

Impressive foresight :stuck_out_tongue:

Take your data off this thread, nobody needs your negativity.

One more post like that I’ll beg you do re-admin me so I can ban you.

Sending you nothing but free hugs man :rofl:

I hit up Perfect Circuit a couple of days ago, fortunately for my wallet they didn’t have either of the 2 things I’ve been eyeing in stock.

However, I did play the Sequential Take 5, I dig it.

Thought this might be of interest around here.

I didn’t know this was that far along.

I’ll be using my Apollo satellite for the same stuff, cause - I already have it. (;

Yea, I guess I’m actually the one who is behind on knowing this even existed. Similarly, I finish almost everything in my DAW and I’d wager it’ll be out of my price range.

So dumb/newb question if I have a line level instrument with a TRS mono output and I want to plug it into a DJ mixer that only has RCA stereo inputs for each channel would this cable work? I am pretty sure I have to have signal going into both L and R on each channel on the DJ mixer to hear the instrument on both L and R on the master out of the DJ mixer.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TRS202--hosa-trs-202-insert-cable-1-4-inch-trs-to-dual-rca-6-foot

Correct. The Roland Recorder had RCA, so I had to use 2 TS to RCA from the mixer. You’ll be sending the same signal to both left and right channels. If you do want to pan the signal away from centre, you should be able to use the balance for a similar effect.

Cool. Thank you : ) I was fairly certain I was correct but hadn’t had to think about this kind of thing for a minute.

Eh…so I might have said something around here about not buying anything for a while…but my Numark 4 channel DJ mixer is…well…shit…the noise floor is simply unacceptable and I wasted my money (and I knew it when I bought it)…so I got myself a birthday present…(will be selling my other DJ mixers to help fund it)…

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Xone43--allen-and-heath-xone43-4-channel-dj-mixer

will be hooking up my two CDJs, the 808 clone and Model:Samples… I’ve really been spouting off too long about this setup, hoping the investment of a quality mixer will help nudge me into really doing the live stuff mixing stuff I’ve been planning on doing forever

Hello Waldorf…

Yeah ok, Waldorf quality, many voices, analog filter. But for that price I would also expect some effects. Happy not to lust after it. Saving the gas for more Superbooth announcements…

it’s really spendy for what it is, imo.

All I wanted from them was a Waldorf Attack in the Blofeld/Pulse desktop format.

That would be an IDM slayer.

Want…