The Hardware Megathread

That’s what I need! A synth that lets me make music and helps me cook dinner. Million dollar idea there if I ever heard one.

Have you seen the trailer though? You can only cook witchy food and stuff, no way you can chop onions and tomatoes for your sauce on that!

I did watch it ages ago. I remember it being quite “witchy” now lol

there’s a guy on YouTube that “let’s make X music like we’re in the 90s” and has a ton of synths for basically every genre. it’s cool to see and I like his videos, but yeah, people back in the day would have struggled to have just one of those synths I think XD He does go pretty minimal on a given track, at least.

Oh! I think I know that channel, is his artist name the Flashbulb? I think he did IDM-ish stuff in the 90’s. If not if you have more details I’d like to check that out.

it says … warning (carefully ) !!! fragile !!!

If you like watching folk using old 90’s audio technology and like a bit of drum and bass then Pete cannon is the man.

Flashbulb is Benn Jordan (who I also watch at times), this guy’s named Estuera:

Oh cool. Thank you :). Ill peep it.

Behringer Model D.

Solid all of these years, now its a semitone and a half sharp. WTF?

I tried updating the firmware, no change… its useable and tracks pitch well across octaves but having my master tune at 9’oclock instead of noon is concerning.

Poor guy from Isla seems frustrated in the latest video from today. Apparently on Monday he is picking up the latest shipment which gets people through to May 2021 and people that ordered cases. He ended with “some people have been waiting over a year, adjust your outrage accordingly” lol. I imagine people have been bombarding them with emails. I know I had absolutely no idea I had to wait for a whole other shipment just because I ordered a case, but I’ve still been content to patiently wait. Small company and a popular product and all that. People are getting them and that’s the important thing; if no one was getting them out in the wild I’d be a lot more worried.

Unlike some other things I’ve pre-ordered in the past that never saw the light of day… :eyes:

You waiting for Osmose too? I thought that was just me and Canecreek.

Oh, no I’m not. Just a random comment about things I’ve lost money on over the years XD

Oh, I feel you. Thankfully that hasn’t happened to me yet…

Osmose and M8 i feel will arrive soonish, the Avalon ill be surprised if that ever turns up.

I tend to steer clear of crowdfunding music or gaming gear, got some bad experiences in both. Especially games. But that’s off topic.

On a side note, blessed be battery powered gear. I’m not happy at my work desk as I spend too much time there but I’ve been able to make some great beats on the sofa.

Osmose certainly looks great. The price tag means I would need to try it first and see whether to go for it or not.

My buddy I was visiting this weekend got me a Korg Gadget kit. Gotta say Im pretty stoked to get it set up to sample it.

What’s a Korg Gadget Kit?
I know Korg Gadget, but kit?

I think I’m just miss naming it. Its the Korg Gadget. It comes with all the modular piece-y parts. Maybe it isn’t even Korg…I need to take a closer look, I swear it was like the hardware version the Korg Gadget software?