The Hardware Megathread

You need to buy more gear. All of it. Everything on eBay, Reverb, and local classifieds. New gear, old gear, vintage gear. All of it. If you already have a mortgage, get a second one. Sell your car, your children, literally traffic human beings if you have to, and sell one of any organs you have two of on the black market.

Its good to know I am among friends <3 lol

I’m gonna ban her before she causes any more damage…

How dare :open_mouth:

The two things Im trying to convince myself I don’t need are a Model:Cycles (next fall perhaps). And then I want this line mixer for my RD-8 https://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMSM10 it has the perfect number of inputs and an AUX send for mono FXs which is perfect for the current hardware FXs I have. I have an old MOTU 828 I can supposedly use as a line mixer stand alone and it provides similar options. I’m probably worrying about nothing but I’m pretty sure its an extra step of A/D conversion going through the MOTU but maybe not. I have to look into the manual.Even if it is, it probably doesn’t matter.

Things I don’t need:

• Digitone;
  • Korg Modwave.

It helps that I realised that the more I have the less I actually finish.

I know this to be VERY true for myself. While I’m simultaneously GASing I’m also thinking I could be very happy with just my Monostation and Digitakt w/ Overbridge to my DAW.

I also need to throw the Warm Audio 2020 product catalog they sent me in the recycling…

I have too much stuff for sure. I’m working on organizing my main music space which will mostly be DAW and controllers, and a small adjacent “jam station” space with a drum machine/sampler/sequencer, and three synths or so, maybe four. A poly and up to two monos because the TD-3 is pretty specialized. I might let a second poly sneak in if it is very digital in nature, like a hydrasynth or something or pull my K5000S out of the closet to pull double duty as digital poly and MIDI key controller

I get a lot more done when I have less to work with for sure, especially in software where it’s stupid easy to overwhelm yourself with choices if you aren’t careful.

This is why I don’t work in software anymore and just use the Force as my daw, but I pretty much use a very limited part of what it can do. I could easily replace it with Live + Push. All I use it for is drum kits, clip recording (audio or midi) and it is next to my pc anyway. But I like being more limited and dream that if I had a gig I could just show up with 1 tool.

Also, add Hydrasynth desktop to my gear lust list.

I only keep a super short list of VST synths and FXs in my DAWs VST menu. If I really want something else I go through the bother of scanning and adding it.

This is the way. I love Bitwig’s browser and its Collections feature for just this reason.

That sounds really cool. I update my DAW but rarely look at new features. Wonder if FL20 does anything like that.

We are not here for long before we’lll be gone, so whilst we’re here just keep buying gear :smile:

Blasphemy Sunday:
I might use my FL license, record some loops and see how it feels.

I’m sure it will be horrible.

You’re not missing anything. The strip is coming back to life, and because of that there have been fights up and down it for the last couple of months because everyone’s been so cooped up for so long they don’t know how to act once they do get out.

I love FL but Id rather just drop files into it rather recording into it.

Well. I ordered the line mixer for my RD-8. I feel like its a piece of gear that’ll stick w me and be helpful w any drum machine w individual outs.
Let the 808 madness begin!

But now I want an Warm Audio 1176 compressor for it lololol

Fuck my finances I guess…

At one point last year, I found myself just staring at people if I saw them outside. I had forgotten how to socialize or something. I’d snap out of it if they waved at me, and then everything was fine. It was so weird.

I’m fine, now.

if you’re in the US, zZounds will let you buy it for $50 a month no interest :eyes: