The Hardware Megathread

I know Behringer’s image in kinda in the shitter right now but listen to their SH 101 clone. I’m sure someone did an A/B.

Ahhhh I remember those!! I never had one, but I remember always seeing them in stores. When I was in high school, I usually just had a workstation/arranger keyboard, like the ones from Radio Shack, tho after high school I actually did have a fairly nice one, the CK-8000 or something like that? It actually had some cool sounds too that you could modify a bit.

Did anyone see the leak of new novation circuit units?
I can’t find it anymore… it was a German site that showed 2 new circuits.

Edit: found it : https://www.elektronauts.com/t/novation-circuit-rhythm-and-circuit-tracks/145048

I never clicked with any of the ‘circuits’ so quite happy both of these will be a pass from me.

Hell yeah. I realized I have this big jug of change, I’m gonna get to rolling it all up and if I have enough, I’m gonna do the same!

For sure, it seems like a solid investment. I’ll post up my experiences when it gets here - only bad thing about holiday shopping is waiting on the shipping.

I figure right now is a great time to buy stuff like that as folks are offloading things they upgraded over the holiday. I’ve seen a couple going for around $110 including shipping on Reverb and eBay.

I was just super disappointed they didnt have the scales setup as versatile as on other pad controllers. If they ever sorted that out i might revisit tbh. But the way it was when i had one was garbage. I wish there was a way to choose the layout of the octaves like on push.
Does anyone know if the launchpad pro allows that?

I saw the new Circuits : ) I’ve only ever tried the Monostation which somehow seems to be the least popular (maybe poor marketing, I don’t think a lot of people saw the value since they had payed for lots of voices in the Circuit and then were asked to pay the same price for one voice in the Monostation).

It’s too bad, isn’t it a bass station 2 in a groove box more or less?
I just couldn’t get along with the implementation of the scale mode on the pads on the circuit, it was too simple and limited imo.

More or less, yes. It is missing the BS2’s second envelope or something like that. It is a shame people didn’t get it…it can be really simple for beginners and lots of options and features to grow into.

I mean, it has fucking patch flip/patch per step. And I think it holds 64 patches per project. Granted I think this was a firmware update feature. Even w/o it this is a no-brainer piece of gear if you need bass and leads…it has filter overdrive, 4 flavors of post filter distortion, lots of modulation options.

I don’t really do scale modes on gear b/c I think it gets me in more trouble than its worth due to my limited music theory knowledge.

Amen to that. I JUST got a circuit 2 days ago and have had the monostation for about 9 months. I will never give up either. I am currently sitting on my couch reading the manual for the circuit and making all kinds of usable patches. And this is just with the default sounds. The monostation is an absolute beast imo. That thing sounds dirty af and all of that analog synth inside PLUS patch memory so you can fiddle and come back to it…just a masterpiece of usable hardware. I am now trying to figure out if I can justify buying both of these new ones when I get my stimulus check…my wife would kill me but only if she finds out. :slight_smile: TBH these new ones look like they may make the circuit a bit superfluous if one had all 4, but then again, you can use it to control 2 other synths. A thing I noticed by accident is that when I hooked up the midi between the C and MS the program changes on the master © also affected the MS, so in theory, if you had several of these you could make entire sets and switch all the instruments at once. I guess that is nothing new to those who use program changes via Midi, I just have not experienced this working well before and since these devices have the same easy to use patch selection/creation setup (via the pads) it is super easy to line up compatible patches and make tracks.

Is the scales mode still limited to the root notes being on the ends of the pads?
I wish they would make the scales mode more like the push.

AFAIK yes, the root is always on the left-most pad. What does the push do differently?

I like the look of the grey one, however like somebody said in the thread if your going to edit samples then having an LCD screen is the way to go.

Anybody played with/own the Organelle M? It’s hideous, but looks like a ton of fun

https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5b52623a2da7dd5838ef67fd/5db3f61756a8611374aabcd5_twocolors.jpg

I’ve not. They seem to pop up now and again, they still make them. I see that it is basically Pure Data in a control case, which is cool.

For myself I’d have to ask how serious am I going to get about learning Pure Data as that seems the key to getting the most out of it : ) Cool that you can hook up a keyboard, monitor and mouse to it program (if I’m reading the homepage info on it correctly).

All those reviews i watched before i purchase the polyend tracker and nobody mentioned the included felt dust cover, to me its the icing on the cake.

The push could be setup in 4ths, so the note layout was almost like on a guitar that way. It basically had different ways the notes were laid out. It’s been a while so I don’t exactly remember but I was very let down when I couldn’t do that on the circuit.
And even the launchpad pro does it iirc.

I think the Force can be setup in 4ths too

Out of curiosity in your gear reading online has anyone come across noisy or broken audio outputs as a “common issue” on the Model:Samples or have you just read it anywhere at all.

I just spent 30 minutes googling it and searching forums because some asshat online insists it is a common issue on the Model:Samples because he has a broken output on his lol. And I’m bored and petty.