The Hardware Megathread

So Thomann’s shipping department is like level 1 bajillion. When I ordered, they estimated delivery for January 20th. That thing hit customs December 22nd and my front porch on the 23rd. I had to let it decontaminate for a few days because the box was way to big to just disinfect, but I decided to open it up today and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

First of all, they TRIPLE boxed the synth. So the Super 6 was in a canvas bag, in it’s box, in a thomann box, in another thomann box, and every one was brimming with packing material so none of it would move. Then I realized that I had imported this thing from europe and it was probably going to have the wrong power cable for US plugs. Nope. UDO has 2 boxes of accessories in there with the synth (sealed with UDO tape for some reason, like they don’t have US distribution figured out but by god we need custom packing tape), and one of them is 3 different kinds of IEC to wall socket cables, so you are up and running pretty much anywhere. The other is some sweet stickers and a USB cable for firmware updates along with the manual and a huge card imploring you to update the firmware first thing - which I proceeded to ignore and started programming sounds immediately. So my bad on that one, we’ll see if I can save those patches and get them into the synth again after the update.

I’m really digging it. It’s a different synth from my Rev2 for sure, but I don’t feel like I’m going to regret having to sell the Prophet to make room for this. Anyways, I’ll stop bragging now. I’m excited, thanks for humoring me. I promise pictures next week when my patch bay gets in (never thought Amazon would lose that shipping race) and sounds soon-ish.

Whilst I’m off I’ve got this sudden urge to treat myself to a dreadbox typhon, but nobody in the UK has them in stock.

I’ll be back at work by the time they are in stock and I’ll have no time to use it then, so maybe it’s just a pipe dream, who knows?

I’m jealous, the super 6 looks and sounds stunning.

Brag away dude! I’m always excited for people I know well to try gear I’d probably not choose for myself : ) You are only in trouble if we don’t get a full report at some point.

Things being out of stock stopped some recent late night stoned purchases on my part here in the last week…

You’re the absolute worst on this thread.
:slight_smile:

Yes. Yes I am. <3

I’m actually in quite a good place at the moment, with a setup that has been stable for a bit, Force and Microfreak as key pieces, with a few bits working around them: ModelCycles, MicroMonsta2 (which I like more and more), zoom cdr 70 to add effects to the Microfreak or sometimes the Korg-NTS1 instead as the reverb has more sweet spots.

I really liked that Dungeon sound live set you did. Hoping to see more live things, whatever the vibe, from you : )

And that is a tidy little setup as well.

That was Force, samples packs and MicroFreak and I loved that type of workflow so, yeah, more to come and hopefully better.

I feel like if you walked in and did what you did last time at a pub event around here people would have liked it for sure.

Might order a polyend tracker when I get out of bed in the morning

Well, I just checked going prices on Reverb and they seem to trend around $1100. And that’s for ones with cosmetic damage. So I’d say to aim for $1000, include shipping, and take offers. If someone wants to lowball you $800-900 for it, then maybe take that. Though I don’t take offers because people are dicks. I did it one time, and first offer was a guy who offered me like $200 for a $450 listing and said that was all it was worth when literally every other listing was more than mine (and my item had no issues at all). Told that guy to take a hike.

I’ll throw my hat in on the end of year gear whoring and report I bought an Elektron Analog Keys. Just couldn’t pass it up for the price. If relic is the worst I might be tied or a close second. Once I start looking it’s inevitable. Maybe I’ll keep it forever, maybe I’ll make a couple jams and sell it. I just love playing with gear and variety is the spice of life, so fuck it. Now I just have to figure something out to sit on the empty space on the top right side of the panel, lol. 1010 black box looks like it would fit perfectly. Gear whore deluxe.

It was bank holiday Monday yesterday in UK so couldn’t phone Juno for a discount on a Polyend tracker, i phoned this morning and they ain’t doing discounts on the tracker (they are selling well and they are the cheapest anyway) so i ordered one.

Going to spend time tonight sampling noises on the Eurorack ready for the tracker arriving tomorrow, 16 or 24 at 44.1 I’m lead to believe.

I have a S2400 and Osmose ordered so the plan was to buy nothing else, but that tracker is right up my alley.

I’m waiting for the NerdSeq Portable…

Anyone checked this one yet? the start of the vid is a bit dull, skip to a quarter way through to start hearing good stuff. the end has the best bits:

Anyone have any experience or suggestions regarding MIDI to CV? I know the Expert Sleepers stuff is highly regarded in Eurorack world, but I was more looking for something stand alone.

Will the Keystep do this? It kinda looks like it would - MIDI in/CV out, but I don’t own one and don’t know the limitations or whether it’ll pass that info to CV.

The CV.OCD and the Midimuso CV-12 both seem pretty awesome.

Mostly wondering what people are using to bridge the analog/digital divide.

So I’m taking this class next semester at the school I work at because they pay our tuition and class fees for one class a semester, which means I technically can qualify for student pricing, and so I’m thinking about buying a perpetual copy of Pro Tools at the student rate (50%).

I just bought myself a Circuit. :star_struck: It is no Super6 or Solar 50, but it will really round out my budding hardware collection. And now I will have sooo many blinky pads to play with, since I have a Monostation and a Launchpad too. Blinky blinky lights…:hugs: