The Hardware Megathread

Nice. Thanks for the confirmation! And yea dude is nuts. I saw Paradox do a DnB “live PA”. It was OK. Nothing like Spinscott though.

so i have this coming midweek.

it will be a nice addition.i had one before but 2?
that is an entirely different animal.
hoopy fucking doopy!

Nice Rixtr! That looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Awesome! I’m enjoying mine, another one would help though. Grab a reverb pedal! Lol

I had a Torraiz SP16 for a while and yes its like a cutdown MPC live. Easier to access and use but far lesss features FX etc.

If you want isntant gratification the Torraiz it pretty good. Pads are decent and the sound quality is excellent.

@canecreek do you happen to know if the Polyend Tracker converts files to mono as it imports from the SD card? Or do you need to preconvert to mono with swith or whatever?

Im seriously considering gettign one just for the oddness and experimentation factor but woudl oike the conveience of syncing my MPC live “favourites” folders easily :slight_smile:

i really don’t know :thinking::grinning:

Oh man. I saw that and thought it would be damn cool to pick up that and an 0-coast. But then I realized I’d want to quantize the pitch, so I’d pick up a disting. Then I’d need a case for the disting, and I’d probably want to fill that case with some of the other cool modules I’ve wanted for years. Then I’d be broke. So, cool as it is, I’m gonna pass on this one.

almost my thoughts exactly.

Oh sorry guys, I wasn’t trying to sell it to you. More of just like, “hey look” :wink:

Fair enough, just someting my brain popped up when looking at reviews. :smiley:

I’ve been dodging that bullet for years. Owned a couple of simple setups, build a couple of modules, but always managed to get out from under it before it took over my rooms and wallet.

These days, I scratch that itch by mapping a shit ton of stuff in Reaktor and VCV to the relatively cheap BCR2000 to get my knob twisting in. Not as cool as the real thing, but it prevents my wife from leaving me because I’ve dedicated yet another room to a hobby.

Does anyone here run a OG circuit?
I know a few peeps have the mono synth one, but the first one?
I might pull the plug on a decent deal on a second hand one to compliment my MPC.
will the 2 be a good pair? How is the digital synth? And how would it be as a “keyboard” for the mpc?
I think this, the MPC and guitar would be a cool setup, hopefully.
Thx.

That’s 90% of this thread, you’re doing it right. I’m the one who has to get another credit card so I can add another case to my rack.

The thing that I have to remind myself of constantly is that I love to save patches. I love saving patches. Saving patches is good. Modular and semi-modular can’t save patches. Except the Matrixbrute. Which is why I have that one (and chose it over putting a deposit on the Matriarch with last year’s June funny munny). Not a patch cable in my studio though. No sir. I like to save MY patches. My patches are all saved multiple places.

Yep. All my patches are saved with nary a patch sheet in sight. No scribbled dream journals of patch notes from 1AM 3 years ago that I need to decipher, my patches are SAVED. Digitally. Perfectly recreated at my whimsy. Who needs the mess that would come from being unable to do that?

I just got the mono, do not have the original circuit, but check out Ricky Martinez on YT, he uses both MPCs and Circuit quite a bit if you go back in his posts…he may have a vid using both together.

How is playing the pads in scales on the mono? I assume the original would be similar.

I’m happy I’ve got my metal ivy under control :rofl:

once your Euro-crack get to a hefty size, you’ve gotta start looking for space to store cables :fearful: