Television Thread

Just reupped my D+ …I might as well indulge in the MCU series.

I never read the books but The Wheel of Time was a good binge.

We did the same over the weekend. I actually did read the books in the mid 90s but most of that memory is lost to drugs n alcohol. It’s a good adaptation from what I can recall 25 years later. They didn’t introduce the Forsaken (The Dark One’s named lieutenants) yet so that is one big difference but I’m thinking that’s coming next season.

Up to ep 5 of last season of Expanse. Got some minor quibbles but generally great.

Anyone who isn’t in love with Carmina Drummer doesn’t have a pulse :stuck_out_tongue:

The Book of Boba Fett (so far):

Ep 1: Pretty so-so. Lots of setup, not a lot of payoff. Usual Filoni start to things.
Ep 2: Holy crackers this was awesome. More fun than you can shake a gaffi stick at.

Eps 1 was defo a huge tease in most regards. I’m looking forward to binging it all as a long movie when the first season is all released. But I also like having something to look forward to once a week.

looking forward to the Boba Fett series awesome

After Life S3. Not as funny as previous 2 seasons, laying on the pathos a bit thick, heading into Norman Wisom territory I think. Still some good moments. I hope it finishes here.

I tend to just like everything Star Wars w a few exceptions but Book of Boba Fett is fabulous. I think they do a great job of having a non-linear plot as well. I also like that it really, really has nothing the fuck to do with the Rebels and the Empire or Jedi and Sith.

A friend of mine commented exactly this about Mando and now Boba.

BoBF ep 4 is fun. Last few seconds before closing credits produced a nice nerdy squee.

I have to admit that whole no Empire/Rebel/Jedit/Sith thing wasn’t even my original thought but I found I agreed with it. And yes, like god damn…BoBF is just so fucking good. Its like every kind of movie I loved as a kid–Eastwood style western, Samurai movie, gangster movie and sci fi. And I love that it isn’t even shy at all about it.

I do have one question though–if Boba survived all that time with the Tuskans, why does he suddenly need the batha tank so badly? I get they are using it as a trope for his dreams to go through the past, but its like if you survived the desert why do you need that now?

General school of thought is that he had long term internal damage as well, possibly cancer and other stuff from being inside the sarlacc pit.

That makes sense. Hadn’t thought of that

Jessica jones, on season one. David tennant and kristen ritter do a good job. Watching david tennant as kilgrave interact with jessica jones is so messed up.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and Loki are waaaaay better than I thought they would be. God damn it MCU, will I ever get my life back from you?

They literally have a several years worth of source material to work with. Lol.

The worst part is my partner wants nothing to do with most super hero movies. We are both already night owls (ish) so I end up going to bed at like 4am half the time because I want to squeeze in a couple episodes of something she won’t watch. I could watch it while cooking or doing dishes or whatever, but just on my phone screen : ( I don’t have a decent sized TV and a Bose/Yamaha sound system to watch 90 Day Fiance lol.