Television Thread

Why?
Cuz I binge shows like a mother lover.
I am currently catching on all comic related shows.
In the past week I have watched The Cloak & Dagger series. It was ok, as it was targeted for a younger audience, it didn’t really tickle my fancy too much, but I really enjoyed how they built up the characters.
I also watched Runaways, and it suffered the same problem as C&D, trying to reach a younger audience, but again, I really enjoyed the character development.
Season 3 of Preacher was amazing. If you haven’t watched it, I highly recommend it.
The Tick is wonderful. Funny, yet somewhat serious. Much better than the previous live action attempt., which was full of a lot of slapstick and easy laughs. The new one was actually filled with plots and backstories, as well as some slapstick. :slight_smile:
Right now, I am struggling through The Gifted, which is based in the X-men universe. It is just as good as Heroes, and just as bad. For the exact same reasons. I dunno…maybe season 2 will see an improvement.
I’m not going to talk about Daredevil, as the news is still too fresh, the pain is too real.

I didn’t and don’t read comics, but I like Preacher quite a bit.

Right now I’m plowing through King of the Hill. Its an old favorite and never had the chance to just go straight through it. Re-watching Deadwood.

Binged Sinner most recently - it was pretty great

Just about through all seasons of Jersey Shore, again. Think Party Down South or Bad Girls Club is next

Yes, I’m about 4/5 episodes into Sinner season 2, decent follow up second season they did there

lol the jersey shore, reality tv is scripted anyways

Your complaint here being?

The whole enjoyment is in a bunch of maladjusted youths making a poor spectacle of themselves. Scripted or not, if it’s sufficiently cringeworthy, sign me up!

Honey-Boo-Boo mama neck gravy. Yeah, now it’s on! Get me some Go-go juice

not complaining, it really is a funny show

I know!

My partner and mine’s favorite brainless binge watch is Forged in Fire. Its a reality TV competition w metalsmiths who forge knives and other things. Neither of us are really “weapons people” but seeing the process is really sort of soothing.

XD

and now its like the olympics, where we’ve seen enough to armchair coach the dudes - oh man, thats too hot, you want to bring the temp down before you burn your steel.

oooh, thats not going to quench well…

lol

^^Chase deserves a “nerdiest post ever” award for that post alone. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

seal team starring the vampire guy from buffy the vampire slayer,
also true detective is coming back with a third season,
and the mayans mc was a pretty decent spinoff show,

and another thing they started using the word fuck more liberally on cable now like on usa/fx not that i care but i’m just not used to it…

also vikings the series on the history channel

@chasedobson That’s too funny, I’ve come across YT videos on that and, yeah, just something about that process that’s just strangely alluring.

Finished the latest season of South Park. I have to admit, It wasn’t that good. One of their weaker seasons for sure.

Then again before it came out, I binged all 20 seasons over the course of 6 months so maybe I’m just burned out. Either way, it was still quality… only a couple notable episodes though. I have a feeling like Matt and Trey are probably going to be hanging it up on that show soon.

I forgot about Z Nation. What a freakin’ riot. Gotta say even for the lack of seasons I overall like it more than the Walking Dead.

Also been watching “Happy!” on Netflix. Holy shit. Great stuff. I love that they got Stabler from Law and Order SVU to play the main character.

Nightflyers: Terrible

The Orville: Continually great as we get close to the end of season 2.

Umbrella Acadamy: A Series Of Unfortunate Watchmen… but good fun.

Final Space: Rewatching, still love it.

Lethal Weapon (Seasons 1 and 2): Damon Wayans may be a better Murtaugh than Danny Glover. Series is not a classic but is pretty fun.

Star Trek Discovery: Season 2 is very uneven so far but at least they’re trying to make it Trek instead of some dark sci-fi just labelled as Trek. Michelle Yeoh must be starving based on all the scenery she’s chewing up, much hootage. Tilly is annoying as fuck, please kill her off asap.

Started watching ‘Love, Death, and Robots’ on Netflix and I’m kind of blown away. It’s like short animated ‘Black Mirror’, in a way. Amazing atmosphere, visuals, music, storytelling…everything. Super impressive. I’m only a few episodes in and I’m kind of afraid of binging through the whole thing in one sitting. So I’ve been re-watching the episodes…that I just watched. Never done that shit before.

Captain Marvel: Its alright. Its just that teeny bit slightly off all the way through that stops it being a complete hoot but enough of it is good that it wasn’t a terrible experience. The Stan homage was aces. Giggled at the cat/Nick Fury stuff. Chuckled at the male/female role reversal thing throughout that I’m told has sent the gamergate style twats mental. Tbh though not been paying attention - I just went to the cinema to see some superhero flick stuff. The origin story wasn’t greatly translated to the big screen but I really liked how they played with some of the source material. Unfortunately can’t say why without spoilers.

If you already are tired or hate superhero stuff, don’t bother. If you like some sci-fi and are ok with MCU, its a decent way to waste some hours.

Watched first ep, it was pretty decent but not great though I like where they went. I’ll happily watch more :slight_smile:

currently burning through the animated series of The Tick.
such ridiculous cheesy fun.