IDMf064: Forms: IDM Vol. 2 ***Out NOW!***

Proud to be a part of this production ;p <3

Great job on the tracks by the individual artists and great selection/ordering by the netlabel–it really feels like we all worked more closely together than we actually did–there is a really cool narrative arch to the energy/mood on the release.

And personally I’d still love to hear the other entries in the LB <3

I think this merits another topic that I had to think about as I was putting the track order together: album ordering. There’s a lot of ways to skin that cat and I really can appreciate the art that goes into trying to tell a story while keeping a listener engaged while working within the technical limitations of your medium.

Great stuff, the album has a really nice flow to it.

Personal favorite is the XVF track :star_struck:, what a fantastic closer to this compilation.

@bfk, I followed you on bandcamp and plan to listen through all of your stuff once I find the time.
I briefly skipped through some of it already and really love it so far!

I think the evolution bfk’s work from IDMf 050 (which is when I first became aware of this style of his) through a few other albums (inlcuding an EP of his own on the label) to now is a very satisfying arc. I feel like his work has become increasingly well structured and musical. In the latest track, take the sound design away and you still have solid music that would stand on it’s own underneath. I think if he keeps pushing the music and rhythm, there’s a lot of room to grow yet.

Why not bandcamp now?

this post doesn’t have the Artwork…

why Audius?

Dudes I respect y’all and I’m sorry but holy shit the artwork is BAD

Why the continued “forms” pattern? Why the font? What is happening they look awful.

Music selection is great, @relic’s track is my favorite by far

That’s an error on my end, forgive me but I have two grandmas diagnosed with cancer within a week of each other here. Personally I’m thrilled we were able to get this out this summer.

Really, no attitude meant on my end, no offense taken as I’m not thrilled we missed bandcamp either, but I just don’t have time to sort it this week (or maybe this month, I really don’t know). So it was either delay the entire release and hold back the otherwise excellent work of the artists so I could deal with my stuff, or put it out without bandcamp until I have time to sort all that other junk out. I thought the latter was a better of two admittedly bad options.

Damned, I missed the album release because of the flooding! :sweat_smile:
What an diversity on this album, but it really makes a whole, well done on the tracks ordering and mastering!
By the way, I’m so happy to open the album, that’s really awesome :wink:

I especially enjoy the tracks from Relic and Cyber X, awesome !
I’m going to spam my surrounding with this release now,

Cheers,

Luc

I am so proud and happy to be included on this release. I’m sorry to say I haven’t had a chance to listen yet as life has kinda taken over for the last few weeks but to know my music is ‘out there’ is such a special feeling.

Huge thanks to @White_Noise and @Creepr for all their hard work.

Cheers :beers:

Great work, everybody! Listened to it two times so far, a really diverse selection of tracks. Highlights for me were Schefflera (sounds just perfect and reminded me of Portishead and similar stuff in the best way possible) and Glitchonimu (not exactly sure why, but might be my fav XVF track so far, synths and glitches just fit together perfectly), but thoroughly enjoyed all the tracks on this!

@metaside I should of hpf the sub bass glitch better…also The breakbeats on this release have me purring like a cat in heat.

Hey guys, is there a way to download this release?

Hadn’t thought of that. The plan was to get this on bandcamp quickly, though that time has come and gone.

I made the album downloadable on Soundcloud while we figure out bandcamp.

Congratulations IDMF, and to those who made the release. Best of with it, and all that you do! :metal:t5:

Sounding good!

Excellent work as always by the forum members :star_struck: kudos to @White_Noise for his Mastering expertise.

I particularly enjoyed the pieces from @Geelist and @relic
:clap::clap::clap::clap::fire::zap::sunglasses:

Got Bandcamp set up, finally. Sorry for the wait everyone.

yay!! C: it’s geting radder and radder guys. you guys are murdering those beats

solid work on this guys. big ups to all the artists on this. this was a fresh piece i really needed during covid. thank you!

–0xy

IDMf065 VA - Out Now