How do i music?

Hey, We all gotta start somewhere I didn’t have one fucking clue in regards to how to synthesiz shit till about 1 1/2 years ago and got what i know from watching one neuro bass synthesis tutorial and the woulg tutorials and idmf then boom things started to click lol, the real funny thing is i mostly got by on extreme resampling and dicking around in FL trying make breakcore/idm for the whole time I’ve been at it which up until now amounts to 10-11 years and im being hella serious no troll ha…

Don’t know what the fuck he’s talking about, but I’m pretty sure a mustache like that will make you do music. Goes double for the lady producers.

And if these two ever meet, the forces created by the super powers of their combined facial hair would render this question irrelevant, as all beings in the universe would spontaneously achieve enlightenment and…

If I were to buy a new bit of software, either Renoise or Kontakt Komplete (nevermind that there’s a large price difference between the two), what would you say to get?

Assuming this is a serious question (I only mention because most of this thread is purposeful shitposting), I’d point out that they’re completely different things that have almost no direct overlap in functionality.

So you should probably get Renoise if you need a vertical DAW that isn’t Ableton and can mangle sounds, and you should probably get Kontakt if you need a sample player that has a metric fuckton of content made for it.

If you need one of those things and get the other, I imagine you’re going to be pretty disappointed.

I’ve been thinking of trying a new approach to making tracks. On one hand, I’m thinking good sound library with a nice sampler such as Kontakt, being able to add lots of new sounds, for one, and having a nice dedicated sampler I could maybe find some different techniques using that. On the other hand, I’m considering trying the Renoise tracker, which is a much different approach than I currently take (using REAPER to import sample, record sounds, occasionally cut things up and going that route), would also have a nice sample manipulator type instrument (essentially Renoise’s tracker itself), and that’d be another way of approaching it.

I saw that mention of Kontakt

Yeah, those are certainly two different ways to get at the problem.

Kontakt, on the surface, isn’t anything special, at least anymore. It’s old tech, has some lingering memory issues, can be irritating to program, and literally every DAW you can buy these days has at least a basic sampler. You get Kontakt because it has some of the most amazing content ever: Sonic Couture, Revolution, The Giant, and on and on. They’ve got awesome and useable interfaces, lots of bells and whistles, are beautifully recorded…seriously, there’s some amazing shit there that your bog standard sampler isn’t going to do. But at the end of the day, it’s just playing samples, and that may or may not be useful to you. I’d base Kontact’s usefulness not on Kontakt itself, but what libraries you’re interested in.

Renoise is just a different beast. She and I don’t really get along, so I’m not really the person to advise you on it (maybe someone else has some experience with it?). It’s a neat way to see your music differently, and I see where you’re coming from using it as an instrument, I just don’t know how much mileage you’ll get out of it. I didn’t get a lot, because it seemed like a harder way to do things I was already doing in Ableton or Reaper. I think what you’re talking about could work, but it’s really up to the person. There’s a free trial of it - maybe grab that and see how it does you? I’d be interested to hear what you think of it.

I’ve been playing around with it a little here and there on the demo. It also works on Linux, which is a plus (my laptop I run Linux on, so I’d be able to work away from home). I like it, but haven’t really dived into it.

wait whats a tutorial tho

^this

dude, I got into music making after i saw this one video where this guy reverse-engineered prodigy’s smack my bitch up in Live 7. I was blown away that you can do this with this computer software because my previous knowledge was that you must have tons of gear and real studio to start with. It always starts with samples, presets, pre-made loops and vengeance was go-to for everyone. You had to get that feel and start developing your own workflow in DAW of choice somehow. There used to be way too many house music tutorials so automatically you were making house too because i saw this video tutorial and it sounded kind of cool but I don’t know how to do anything in my own way yet so I’ll try to do just like that. And even now when your level is much higher you can constantly go back to good ol’ youtube and find something niche to watch. While there’s bunch of crap where some “tutors” think they can teach things but there’s always something that sticks with you, could be a simple tutorial of how i sampled my cat and made purrfect neuro bass from it.

watch and learn, its EZ

Lol, have you seen this classic masterpiece?

lmao omigawd that’s freakin’ awesome i love it lololol
Microwave and a toilet lol definitely sharing

that has made my day

Stay hungry for those saucy bits of inspiration. As it so happens, My IBS recorded into a mic has given me that bass drop that I’ve always desired to achieve through Massive presets.

I’m mad that he doesn’t get the drum break right

IBS = Immeasurable Bass Shockwave

FUCK YAESSSS!

Bass boost and subwoofer with the brown noise