Feedback and help from the community

Ill have a look here this morning again.

OK yaā€™ll, I attempted to lock down the listening booth for new users. Any with 30 posts (Trust Level 1) should be able to create a new post. Anyone who is at Trust Level 0, a new user, should only be able to see and reply to posts. Anyone want to test this for me? As I said in the LB, any veteran users can PM me to edit their accounts if theyā€™ve not met the requirements.

Definitely been seeing a lot more of that. I have no shame in giving those posts a real opinionā€¦ and then usually they never come around again. If anything it just creates litter threads.

nice work on the post limit @relic :slight_smile:

ā€œLitter threadsā€, very accurate. Big thanks to @relic for sorting it all out. Post count is surprisingly effective because it asks to put some effort (30 posts? Iā€™m outta here!). Nothing against people sharing their music but such forum sections often attract these self-promo gurus that go through every forum on the internet constantly looking where to shovel their gratis hits.

Notable offender: (three threads in a row, fucking really? lol)
https://idmforums.com/t/hip-hop-the-artisanal-juice-shop-beets-in-the-burbs/743/3
https://idmforums.com/t/hip-hop-the-artisanal-juice-shop-ah-giant-claw/738/2
https://idmforums.com/t/hip-hop-the-artisanal-juice-shop-beyond-the-time-barrier/740/2

Relic fixed that, but weā€™ll keep one of those posts as a testamentā€¦

By the looks of things they havent posted much and the new rules should stop them cold.

just stopping in to rep how fuckinā€™ AWESOME the messaging system is here. It literally pisses on the ashes of the old forum

but real talk:

can mods see all messages from users?

because Relic might find out how secretly gay I am for him

When opening a post I am not too keen on the white flashing / fading post thing. I like the effect but I wish it was not so piercingly white maybe make it a different shade of grey (needs to be darkened imo). Thanks for any consideration on this. :slight_smile:

Agreedā€¦ it has potential, but as is, it is a bit lame.

The new site is absolutely gorgeous, great job IDMF staff!

Iā€™m a web developer, front end/ui ~ Javascript and Css
What youā€™ve built here is simply put, the best forum software Iā€™ve seen so far.

Iā€™m looking forward to being involved in the next stage of IDMForumā€™s evolution :heart:

Sorry to repeat this if it has already been addressed, but how do we get the ability to edit our posts?

@Jazzyspoon on your post try clicking the the ā€œā€¦ā€ that is to the right of the heart and the chain symbol, itā€™ll be the pencil symbol. It might also be something new users canā€™t do? There are soooo many freakinā€™ settings in this new softwareā€¦

The quote tags donā€™t seem to work correctly. In some posts I see quotes, and I remember doing it before and it worked, but now when using the quote function or just putting simple quote tags, it doesnā€™t work for me.

Just testing here.

Yea, I saw that too. We do need to update the software, there is a way to do it through our browser based admin tools (I think). But we need to make sure we download a backup. Probably inform Stu and make sure we get a response before we do anything.

Why? What could go wrong?

The great purge of 2019.

hey so I still donā€™t know where the Movie Thread is located, it sometimes pops when a new answer is made, but not every time, and itā€™s not in the side room where I guess it should be

edit: lol, I had accidently muted it.
shame

Great to have you back! Iā€™m sorry if this have been posted before, long thread. But you need to remove the stickys from the front-page-last-updated-thread-list or what ever you would call itā€¦

When writing this, there has been posts made to this category more recent than the ones thatā€™s shown!