What's behind your artist name?

My artist’s name is self-explanatory.
It reflects all the twists and turns my life has gone through so far.
If you are an artist or do some art for a living or just for a serious habit, you will go through lots of twists and turns in your road to somewhere in life.
Tha´s the beauty of a journey, to keep going until you get somewhere, no matter the twists and turns life presents you with.
These twists and turns make life worth living, in my opinion anyways…

Too many artist names to count throughout the years, I’m trying to stabilise and force myself to use one and just allow myself to be ecclectic for now. I’ve been using “the_reunion_of_broken_parts”, which is a literal translation of the arabic word that “algebra” comes from. I like maths! That’s all there really is to it. Adding the underscores and using a monospaced font means I can wrap it into a few different rectangular shapes nice and regular for some visual idents

I chose “Vaelency” because I was homesick over my hometown Valencia, and it seemed even more suitable because the word valence is a measure of the strength of chemical bonds (as alcohol is likely consumed at shows), the “AE” seemed suitable for being from Los Angeles, and it’s a good explanation for the kind of trance I hope to put listeners in when they hear it and get Vaelency themselves. Clever, ain’t it??