What made you laugh today?

I was reading a manual for some software the other day (I forgot which unfortunately, probably a limiter of some kind but I have a few of those…). They had a breakdown of average loudness/loudness targets for various genres as of 2023. Scarily, country was by far the loudest at an average of -5 LUFS. For context, dancefloor style EDM aims for around -8 LUFS. What that tells me is country only works because it’s being screamed at you so loud that you cannot choose to not hear it, which is apparently still a VERY valid method for commercial success despite all the loudness normalization out there.

I’m pretty sure country masters are just upward multiband compressors. I haven’t heard any in a long time, but that lifeless-radio-sound definitely applied then and probably still does today.

I’d seriously love to see a thread here where we do some loudness war track comparisons because I could see that being kind of hilarious and informative. Even just finding out which ‘loud’ mixes actually hold up would be a fun experiment, and possibly even a little educational in the process.

That would be very interesting to me, too! I could contribute some tracks from Hospital Records that I tested a few years ago that go up until -4 LUFS or even -3.5 iirc…

Untitled

They’s only 2 kindsa music… Country…. And Western

And if’n you cain’t play it good… play it LOUD! :cowboy_hat_face:

Check this . you won’t regret https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kHuTeKONYO0?feature=share
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bkxi5RA3sPM

Perhaps the greatest string of youtube meltdown content I’ve ever seen in my life

Wet soggy tacos

I miss the bad touch santa memes. Tried to look them up this year and got nothing, which completely obliterated my christmas spirit.

I had this really surreal sleep delusion experience. I’m sure most people have felt like they are falling suddenly as they get to sleep and wake up in a panic…but I had one where I thought I spilt a drink over my bed and woke up like fuck fuck how’d I knock that over :rofl: but I didn’t

Some politically incorrect offensive drunk post memes.

I got jokes…

The joke is that im not as funny as i think i am…

Lol

Cage rage…bro… :100:

Don’t be alarmed, this is just a IRL Zerg Overlord. They’re harmless, but they do spy :eye:

Benny hill

2pac hit em up

I thought I got a genuine email for a physical release (not too far-fetched, since I’ve had a few albums released this way and everything was smooth), and then they’re like “We charge artists $64 per year!”.

Everyone is probably flooded with spam offers too, but this one takes the cake. Most of them are just like, “Can we host your shit on our low-budget site? This would benefit both of us!”. Trying to randomly get $64 from people for a shitty cassette release doesn’t even make logical sense