What are you listening to?

I love that you mentioned her here. She’s from my town (Sacramento), and we used to hang around the same places, waaaay before she was selling out venues . This is more of a Wayne’s World “we’re not worthy” in my case, not me name dropping. She’s just cool af. I’d finish DJing in a living room at some house party and we’d all be chillin getting high afterwards she’d pick up a guitar , be all like “you guys wanna hear one of my songs?” and belt out these jams that stopped the room cold. she’s a straight up artist. Very interesting, very hip, and a fantastic guitarist and singer.

Pretty cool you got to hang out with her back then! Yes, she’s always struck me as very genuine.

I’ve seen her 3 times live and it’s always a great show (last time was last week in L.A. actually).

You may or may not know she had a rough childhood, to say the least. She was a victim of sexual abuse by her… grandfather. That’s very fucked up & obviously affected her greatly. This last album is about catharsis & how it is something you have to keep working on throughout your life. It’s great that she’s been able to work on exorcising her demons through her songs. Prob a reason why her music resonates with a lot of people (and especially women).

If one person deserves success, that’s definitely her.

This music from Ocoeur really helped me get through COVID lock downs. I say at my computer everyday working from home and had this playing through my headphones. Greatly helped with focus. Currently listening again at work to keep me in the zone. It really works.

“ Many musicians took to their craft as a means of solace during pandemic lockdowns by writing music for and of isolation. One such musician, Franck Zaragoza, who records as Ocoeur, took to his studio and composed pieces that came to him with a fluidity, making the lockdown a tad more bearable. However, this new album, Connections, was written with personal connections in mind, which Zaragoza focused on and strengthened during our collective confinement. As a result, Connections has a wondrous optimism yet still demonstrates the deep emotive vibrations and meticulous sound design that have resonated throughout his seven-album discography. Connections is Zaragoza at his finest, an amalgam of his soundtrack work, his discography thus far, and the influence of an unforeseen silver lining to the pandemic.”

Most excellent first excerpt & video from the forthcoming soundtrack. You can grab physical copies on Bandcamp.

This threads been quiet for a bit, I figured I’d liven it up with what I’m listening to at work today.
Some new Four Tet!

great album!

Here’s my most recent find, quality IDM from Rob Clouth.

Thanks for sharing, I liked that a lot. Never heard of him, but now I’ll have to check out his other stuff.
Sort of reminds me of some of Max Cooper’s work. Specifically, this album.
Order From Chaos

I fucking love this album.

been jammin some Dirty Androids recently. Love these guys.

Hell yeah I’ve been bumping this since release!

Seeing Four Tet next week in New York!

holy shit, this is insanely good: Reid Willis - Draining the Blade

dude this sucks wtf

jk it’s hella good. hella fuckin good.

Listening to the newest EN on vinyl, which I finally received yesterday. It is really good, much better than Alles In Allem. I see why people were raving about it. It’s a mature EN, so don’t expect crazy noise. It’s all about balance and the passage of time. “Before I go” is especially poignant.

Mostly pre 2005 hip hop and old hip hop artists from the 80s 90s 2000s that are still active today…

And grunge and alternative rock… pre 2010…

Lol.

welcome back bro. how was your vacation from the forum :stuck_out_tongue:
can you be more specific as to who you’re listening to?

That’s awesome! I’ve seen him live before and he’s always a good time. I’d go to that show, but I’m going to be out of town, unfortunately.