What are you listening to?

Tried to watch the interview, watched half of it – but fuck that Woulg has some issues, made it difficult to watch, was incredibly cringy.

Otherwise it was very interesting to see how Rob was putting some of those sounds together.

Reminded me, not near as advanced, but I started a project to interpret beatbox sounds into MIDI because the Dubler microphone I got is shit (its flaw is it tries to do it in real time but if you do that you can only analyse the first couple miliseconds of a sounds, which means too much ambiguity, and it gets too many notes wrong, to the point of giving you 5 or 6 consecutive hats).

It’s actually simpler than it sounds though, just find the starts and ends of sounds, then do a fourier transform on them, and find the poles of maximal amplitude in the spectrum within some curve of some Q factor, and match them to configured mappings with MIDI notes.

I don’t even have to write the fourier transform code, which gets very complicated – there are libraries for this.

I’ll admit this part was entertaining, but that was about it

I didn’t watch the whole thing though, so there could be plenty of other great beatboxing sessions

I am listening “Take My BreathThe Weeknd”

Checking this out. Seems it was just released or vids were. So far so good. Loving it.

Why is ryan from the office talking to ryan from the office?

Tool
A perfect circle
Deftones

This reaches some kind of sleaze / industrial rock itch I didn’t know needed scratching

Whoever posted the video removed it. Shame, it was glorious

bird

I saw Korn live and they were very uninspiring - in fact totally boring to see live. I think they were so over playing gigs and it came through. All the support bands were fantastic.

A very old friend of mine released her son’s music (Quad Kyuu, he passed away last year). Been listening to this track all day.

Truthfully, the album is pretty solid. I dig just about everything on it.

Can’t link and even if I could you used to have a how to manual as thick as your thumb back in the day just to embed the damn link. Dirty Drum and Bass, by the genius combination that is Aud!o and Ed Rush… Go find Yardstick by them and turn it to 11.

[drunk post was drunk]

King Gizzard - Shanghai the Scientist Dub. Just been released and I love it, reminds me of the classic Mad Professor Dub version of Massive Attack. I couldn’t post a link when i tried but such is life