Video mixing software

Can anyone recommend some video mixing software? I want to be able to mix video footage in a similar fashion to the way a live production desk works, where you can switch between cameras and effects. Ideally, I should be able to connect up a midi controller that allows me to learn commands from controller input.

Other video mashup tools, that are based on fast Fourier transform and other audio input would be great to know about as well.

1 Like

Haven’t looked into new options for this in some time, but you can check out Resolume and Magic Music Visuals for stuff accepting MIDI input iirc. VSXu was a free alternative for visuals years ago but not sure if it’s still around and if it accepts MIDI. There also is an older thread on this with maybe some additional options:

Also, game engines such as Unreal Engine and Unity are very flexible for visualizations and allow for MIDI input, but you might have to dive in a little bit deeper.

1 Like

this one is pretty simple : https://www.showsync.com

this one is killer : https://www.ebosuite.com

if i get your request correctly …

2 Likes

Thanks! Those look great but unfortunately i don’t use Ableton. I wonder if i can set it up in the lite version

I want to say the video functions in ableton are pushed beyond the lite(r) versions.

1 Like

I think I used this to make my last YT fuckaround video, through Ableton.

2 Likes

thanks @bbb. This is a good example of what I’m looking for. I just tried to create an Abelton account. Turns out I already have one and a copy of Live 8 Intro!

According to this table, Showsync works with Intro v11 and 12. I would need to upgrade my intro version ($129) and then buy showsync which is another 63 Euros. But i’m not even sure that I’d be able to do what you’ve shown with the intro packages. It states “Video clip playback”. Which can play multiple clips simultaneously, but i’m not sure what that means exactly as I don’t use Live at all.

I literally found a clip to DL somewhere, don’t remember. My basic concept was to find something with fast edits, loopable and then added some small edits with fade in and outs.

I’d be considered a noob at any of that back end stuff for the video. There would probably be some inspiring videos in direct regards to what you’re trying to do though.

1 Like

Loser GIFs | Tenor

1 Like