The Tutorials Thread

Share any tutorials you think are helpful, I would make one myself but I’m not that savy here are some tutorials that have helped me

IDM Production - Help needed
UE5 Metasound as a modular synth - Tutorials, discussion and more

Still the best sound design tutorial out there.

Synthesizing a kick drum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_sL_gAaXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_sL_gAaXA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_sL_gAaXA

youtube.com/watch?v=-U_sL_gAaXA

Jesus fuck I give up it will never embed fuck everything.

@Blingley

I tried a dozen random YouTube videos, every single one worked fine except for this one link you are trying to post. I looked at @Artificer 's post and he isn’t doing anything but dropping the URL like you are. Dunno man. Works fine for tons of random vids on my end…

LOL that was blk, not me. We both apparently have weird blue swirly pics.

I’m laying claim to mine first, but he’s actually posting useful stuff, so I guess you’ll just have to read names. :stuck_out_tongue:

My guess is that whatever parses those links is having trouble with the dash at the beginning. Probably not a common thing and whoever coded the parser didn’t allow for it.

lol oopps…you can tell it is the end of the semester, I’m fried.

how to make a transformers sound

to all you mixing weird noises and creating your own weird sound pallette to make art on your spare time, make sure you realize this is how you make the millions:

anyone have good audacity tutorials? i screen capped my production on audacity a couple years ago and if anyone wants i can post my pics here. unless there’s better youtube vids on audacity and the in-depths most ppl overlook

Found this helpful guy :slight_smile:

a quick breakcore tutorial I made :slight_smile:

and quick tutorials on how to synthesize vocal pads

How do I make a tutorial

sound design glitch tutorials

https://idmforums.com/t/the-what-did-you-create-today-thread/1210/87?u=bfk

Still hands down the best synth tutorial out there. I learned 85% of what I know about synth programming here and the rest from Seamlessr, but you could get by with just this if you had to.

Yes, it’s painfully retro and it’s basic, but just get through it and if you really understand it all you can do anything you want with a synth. If not, then learn until you do understand it all.

Got a lot out of this… tied together what I already knew with a few things I’ve been scratching my head over.

Definitely a good place to start… thanks for sharing! :sunglasses:

I made better quality breakcore tutorials concerning polyrhythms and cross rhythms… you be the judge of quality
I hope this helps:

cheers
:slight_smile:

I do not want to upset you, but you did not record the whole process when you opened the windows - they are not visible. It was necessary to record the entire desktop. Thank you for your attention.

It’s alright That is an error on my end due to my lack of expertise on the program I use…and time constraints…I am not insulted…cheers.

futurephonic tutoril on YouTube for psytrance prod… Also search for psilocybian tutorial