The IDMF Sensory Overloading Audio Visual Thread

My latest one, I’ve not gone for perfection here, especially with some of the textures, just in the attempt to be more productive and rattle these out a little faster. Months on end is just too slow, ends up taking away from the music too long

tried to embed the dropbox file, but couldn’t, coming up “Video couldn’t be decoded”/ Don’t know why. have to go with the vimeo link instead I’m afraid.

Really cool stuff @Radiophile! I think if you maybe introduce another element or clip or something to switch it up a bit from time to time it might become absolutely awesome!

I dig it! A lot! I felt the intro was like a cockroach making its way to your heart. Do you have this song on Spotify? Def going to one of my playlists!

Here’s a cool 2d music video. It has a caterpillar named Fred.

And here’s another one That’s just a metallic pattern following the music. Don’t know how to describe it tho

done in Maya as a promo for this album:

:sparkles:

Thanks Bud, not on Spotify yet, coming soon though with the rest my next EP, which will include videos for all.

It did make it on to IDMFs last compilation album though: IDMf060 - "Soul Engine" released!

Here’s a cool 2d music video. It has a caterpillar named Fred.

And here’s another one That’s just a metallic pattern following the music. Don’t know how to describe it tho

Love the art style of the first one, very cool isn’t it

Congrats! Lemme know when it is on Spotify! I know streaming is not the best way to support artists but unfortunately I’ve became comfortably numb with my playlists. Gonna start youtube playlists tho.

And obviously, I’m gonna share it. Have some audophiles that will be into it.

Something I did to promote our latest release. I guess this is a teasers as opposed to being a full length music video, but with attention spans growing shorter these days I think it´s a good excuse to focus on one concept and keep it short and sweet.

Both are pretty cool imho, really nice work! Second one gets a bit boring for the length of the video, but really nice work on the visuals!

Nice work @Radiophile very complex and engaging. I’m interested in video but the initial learning curve seems daunting… which will inevitably suck me into that black hole of not enough time for the many projects I’m working on… not to mention the dreaded day job. :sunglasses:

Those were both great… I especially liked the build in the first one. Thank you for sharing :sunglasses:

Very simple thing I did a while ago for a track on IDMF056 - I was thinking to use that template for something else, but I switched to other ideas. So yesterday I found it on my HD, made a slightly improved mixdown of the project and I 'm just gonna leave it like this:

I must have missed your videos last time I checked this thread, really interesting and very original work!

I dig it. But yeah, attention span is a clear problem. I enjoyed the video but I am extremely sure people would’ve slide past it in any social media because it dones’t have as much “dynamism” (epileptic stuff to keep you watching it)

It fits the song very very well! I could watch in on loop for hours with the right psychotropics haha

Going a bit mental in lockdown, threw this together in honour of that:

Made the melodies in this track yesterday to relax a bit, added some beats and a visualization earlier today, trying some stuff out with Resolume effects:

Edit2: Fixed it ^^

I love the Fractal Fantasy label for this, but they’ve been putting out less and less over the past few years, which is a real shame. Their website has interactive music videos done in WebGL (I think), which are great fun to play with.

I started with modul8 wich is great as a pure video mixing tool, as it has a very nice dynamic interface that allows for some funky video composing (it uses the same kind of “fake 3D” that after effects does (like video on planes or other primitives in 3d space, but not real 3d).
It starts to feel a bit limited after a time, but for what it does I hold it as the best one (compared to resolume/vdmx etc.) as the interface is great for playing and allows you to to quite a lot with simple footage.

The external harddrive where I kept all the video photage broke once when I was VJing at a 3 day music festival so I ended up doing several sets using just a square & a circle I made in photoshop + whatever photos I had on the desktop. worked pretty good actually :slight_smile:

I still use it for doing the things it can do (like straight video mixing with sound reactivity and so), but generally I use max/jitter as it lets you do pretty much whatever you want, and incorperates 3D pretty nicely.
It doesnt allow you to model and so (unless you type out the 3d vecors), but supports preanimated models and is super for sound reactivity, especially as I also use it for things like granular synthesis and it is a very friendly software in terms of recycling parametres.

(I have a real-time patchable sound reactive 3d model mixer I build it max if anyone is interested, its pretty funny/funky as you can map sound characteristics like volume/peak/brightness/noisyness/rise/fall/tone etc. to stuff like x/y/z rotation/position/color/light etc.)

Its not free though (max I mean, the 3d mixer you can have for free if you want it :slight_smile: )

For a free software that handles realtime 3d I’d go for unity or unreal.
(the unreal render engine is a lot better, but can be a bit of a headache for ppl who dont like interfaces/are familiar with 3d software, unity has a not very beutiful but fully capable render engine and a terrible interface, but it lets you script/write/rebuild whatever you want (however you want) including the render engine, so its definitively acceptable as an option.