The How you are really doing today thread

I don’t know how people drink scalding hot coffee all the time. I normally have to toss an ice cube in that shit (also impatient).

Woke up and was half asleep and seared my taste buds with it.

Fuckin’ neato.

more milk? or they just pretend they didnt burn themselves to act like a tough mofo. they are weak and crying inside. youre the bigger man for admitting it hurt. :muscle:

I actually don’t use creamer much. Not that I like it better one way or other, I’m just lazy as fuck and waking up and making simple ass black coffee is almost too much work XD XD XD

you need to have coffee first so you have the energy to make coffee :smiley:

I’ve been oddly efficient at grading final essays this semester. Part of that being due to the sudden change to all online teaching the ones that would have been “eh…OK…” are “eh…kinda terrible” and the ones that would have been “eh…kinda terrible” are “holy shit, did you sustain a head injury?”

Like I literally just graded one in which the audience was clearly social media users and the premise was to inform them about privacy, how their personal data can be used and how to navigate all that. And the fucking kid had to define social media using Merriam Webster…because his audience, social media users, clearly wouldn’t know what social media is…

to be fair, i imagine the average facebook user actually does not know what social media is

hahahahaha, you may be right

haha, fuck man. I don’t mean to laugh this time around but jesus H.

That’s just whacked, the shit luck there. The guitar hurts your fingers like, tips or muscles? Always takes a while to get past the initial finger shreds.

Sounds like you should call it a day and bust open a twelve pack or two, lol. :beers:

Even amid a pandemic getting all my final grades entered and basically being done with the semester still feels great even with the coming income reduction.

Went to the dentist, yesterday. Took two hours to pull a tooth out. The fucker just wouldn’t wanna come out and it cracked everytime again they tried to finally remove it.
The last hour, two doctors were working on my jaw.

I told my wife to wait outside (the waiting room was packed), because I thought it would only take five minutes or so^^ :rofl:

Feeling kinda beat up.

Hi relic :cowboy_hat_face:

this is like the anti-facebook where people don’t pretend every minute of their life is part of their career and they’re writing their resume out of pictures of them working out and eating healthy and thanking the sun for rising once again on this beautiful planet of friends and happiness

hahaha
the funniest part is when you look at their lives off of facebook and you see that they are fat, they eat like shit, they dont see the sun because they are working all day every day, they are depressed and have no friends :smiley:

my gf gets so depressed looking at other people’s profiles on facebook and going “they’re out there doing a million things and I’m just meaningless” and I go “that’s facebook! that’s what it’s all about, get off the fucking facebook! shit, I thought eveybody knew that”

it gets people hooked with small hits of dopamine and they just keep coming back for more, its crazy and poisonous.
i used to use it to chat to friends and basically just troll people. getting off it was the best thing i have ever done.

Fuck social media. Just one big giant flex & validation machine. Very bad for mental health.

IDMf and Discord is basically all I need in a social “network”. I couldn’t even handle having a dummy account on facebook to manage pages. Twitter? fuck outta here. Instagram? Yeah its okay I guess, but I still don’t bite.

Humans were never meant to be this connected all the time.

I was talking to a buddy of mine who has two teenage boys the other day. He said all kids now and days have this odd feeling of “living in fear”.

Remember in school when someone would find a funny picture, or happen to take one of you? And it circulated and you go teased a bit? Yeah now apparently school is like a fucking surveillance drama machine. Every kid now has their phone camera equipped ready to record any shit that goes down all the time. My buddy said sometimes he holds up his phone just to see a picture better and his kids freak out thinking he’s recording them.

Social media has kids just living in constant ridicule and fear with all this stuff so permeated.

On another “fuck social media” point - I find it really whacked how many moms post tons of photos of their kids growing up doing dumb shit. Of course, now its the mom’s validation that is needed to justify her shit choice to bear spooge-tumors.

Could you imagine in school as a kid if someone went on social media and found a video of you as a child doing something retarded? Yikes. Thanks mom.

“Yo momma so stupid, she doesn’t even set her FB profile to private!”

/rant

Reading Instagram quotes has been therapeutic for me and has been a healthy alternative as opposed to some of what I’ve been posting on idmf…but yea its so not that damn motivational dr. Phil shit…its more in the vein of common sense…also some artwork posted on there is pretty cool.

But yea totally agree that most of social media is a complete ruse…

And also

I’m gonna attempt to quit the internet because I feel like a gallon of milk way past the expiration date.

yeah instagram is used by some artists as an actual platform for their work, it has less of that dear diary format, that is if you’re following artists.

Not crapping on people who actually have depression, but this is most certainly them. Crippling, terrifying fucking depression that I’ve never dealt with. Because despite my issues (we all have some trauma, of course) I’ve never had to lie to myself like this about anything

Two days in at my new job. I’m not liking being in public for obv reasons. Made my last frivolous summer purchases before I have to pinch pennies. Ah…otherwise right now just relieved the semester is over and the only apparent student complaint was a misentered final grade which is easily fixed. I normally don’t worry about complaints but didn’t really know what to expect from students or higher ups if someone did.

I think today I’m just going to slowly do some chores, mow the lawn later when the sun hides, smoke a hootie and maybe put something on the grill.

A week ago it was 30 degrees and we had snow accumulation, now its like 75 and muggy…good ole’ Ohio spring…

they’ll learn to like you. I’m not saying you’ll be their favorite coworker or that they’ll want to have a drink with you after work, but they won’t dislike you.