The Hardware Megathread

Thank! I will do some research.i have gotten a real break.so planning ahead.
Real quick,it’s my understanding that I can control hardware and maybe daw at the same time?
So thanks for the replies.saw a couple used machine maschinemk3 s for cheap at guitar center.
Thinking hard on that.but don’t want to get too far ahead.

why not an Mpc, software and Standalone and if you fake the accent you can pretend to be me…

With Beatstep pro, you have four sequencers. So yeah, you could send one of those sequences to the XD and any others into Ableton. You just have to set them up on separate midi channels and then set the receiving hardware/software to listen on the channel of the sequence you want them to play.

3 iirc, 2 melodic and a drum sequencer.
And yeah it should be real easy to set a drum rack in Ableton to respond to the drum track of the beatstep pro.
One thing worth double checking is if the melodic sequencers ar polyphonic.

Guitar Center isn’t great for most people making electronic music. These days I only go there for the odd emergency cable I need now and again.

Its reasons like this I miss Radio Shack. The amount of gold headphone adapters I got from there was astounding. They also had lots of weird RCA type shit.

I basically refuse to buy a synth, drum machine, or what have you online unless it’s something I’ve previously owned or used to sell back in the day. I have to be able to dink around with it in person.

I thought of an mpc,I just know nothing about them.
I did think of elektron,but thought I might start speaking in an Italian accent,and craving my neighbors liver with a nice chianti. Meh who knows.

for a minute I read this is “I have to be able to drink around with it in person” and I thought that was standard protocol for all hardware.

drinks

Elektron be like…

I love Beyerdynamic

This is just great, my MIDI keyboard is broke and now I don’t know what to do with it. The power port snapped so soldered a new one and now it won’t turn on. Should I throw it away?

Rumours are that this is somehow related to an Octatrack update or to new ‘machines’ for an existing box rather than a new thing.

Depends on how handy you’re feeling. If it were me, I’d break out the multimeter and see if the power is getting anywhere. It’d be pretty hard to do a deep troubleshoot without either a schematic or knowledge of how those things work, but you should be able to see if the power is getting to whatever the next component is (likely a resistor right by the port). At that point you’d know if there’s something else blown or if you just botched the solder job.

There was a potential leak by Red Means Recording of ah, YouTube fame lol, and he was claiming he had a review unit. According to him it’s a new box. I really don’t see them running the hype train like they are for an update or new features for an already existing product.

My best guess is it’s an addition to their Model line. To me this possibly makes sense due to the recent price reduction of the sample. Get people in on the line before releasing a new product to hook them for a later purchase.

The supposed leak has since been removed from reddit which could indicate validity. It was up for only a few hours yesterday morning.

Elektron are just doing 10 strips of LSD is what I got from the video lmao

I clicked your Preen link and got rather tempted looks a fun straight forward build, didn’t realise they do a eurorack version so i’m off to do my homework on it…

I looked at that but the plugs are right under the knobs…as I don’t have any other eurorack gear I figured the basic version would be easier to fiddle with. Not a problem for you though I wager. :slight_smile:

A single voice of the A4 in the Digi or Sample format and I might pre-order it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/STVC--waldorf-stvc-string-synthesizer-and-vocoder

This came out of nowhere for me. I’ve heard good things about striechfet (or however you spell their string machine), but a $1,000 version of that with an extra synth layer and a vocoder? IDK, I guess cool for the people that want striechfet and like to layer it with another synth (reasonable enough I suppose) and could also use a vocoder in that same space, all sharing effects (wut?).