The Hardware Megathread

Being reminded of how asinine and strongly opinionated on absolutely subjective things guitarists (and hifi heads, too) can be, and even blatantly insulting, I feel a lot better about this place more appreciative of this place and you all XD

Synthesists are way more chill… (as a whole, and yes I am generalizing both groups based on experience with both, not everyone is like that, etc)

Just finished jamming a bass groove to a 170bpm breakbeat lol. That was super fun :smile: By the time I thought to record it, I was pretty tired and my fret hand was struggling to keep up with the quicker fills, so I had to call it quits. I always thought live DnB would be cool XD

Check out a fella’ on YouTube named Spin Scott. Dude does some wild live Jungle on various MPCs. I’ve seen him live a fair few times and what he does is legit.

I follow him already :smiley: He always has coffee (for speed!) and that infectious grin.

I meant more like, an actual drummer and a bass player and/or synthesizer lol.

Edit I should be more clear. I put on a drum loop and played an actual bass guitar along with it.

Hold up. I still gotcha. Check out the drummer from the DnB group Pendulum. Pendulum themselves were kinda cheesy 2-step DnB from the early 00s, but one of the dudes did a great solo show where it was him playing live drums along to automated Ableton projects. Unless you already know of this too :stuck_out_tongue:

I think there is also a guy named Jungle Drummer who does a live DnBish kinda thing.

Have to say I’m not aware of a bass player that does live DnB though.

I instantly think Squarepusher

Awww!

I think it’s because most of us have a life and are here to chill and talk, not to show how cool they are.

Also, got a shipment notification for the Fireball.

And I got Covid too.

I think Broken Note had a few gigs with a live drummer. Or at least a track with one.

I would love a project with me on Mpc and either a bass or guitar player and a singer. But I struggle with human interactions sometimes.

EEP! Get well soon mate. If we hear in the news a cat ate its owner we know you croaked and that catzilla you own needed feeding.

But… if you die can I have your stuff? :smiley:

I’m still well enough to actually work, you’re not getting anything!!!

I can wait.

Hope it passes quickly and with no complications :slight_smile:

I’m only worried about loss of taste/smell and Covid dick…
:slight_smile:

So far all good though, feels like a cold/sore throat.

Better stop being so cocky before I jinx it…

I got Covid after going out drinking with a crowd on Boxing Day, I only felt like I had a light cold however I totally lost my sense of smell/taste it’s only started to come back in last week.

Got an email off twisted electrons that my blastbeats should ship last week in February.

God knows when my expressive E Osmose will ship, I payed the deposit on that over 2 years ago (I think)

And as for the Abstrakt instruments Avalon I’ve payed for which is supposed to ship in March, that’s more like a game of Russian roulette weather I ever receive it at all.

@Auto-meh-geddon keeping my fingers crossed for your senses and your er…ah…member…

well that’s good so far! I worked through it, too, when I got Covid late last year. I think it was just before Omicron became a thing, so it was likely Delta. Started as a sore throat, had some minor malaise and no real fever that I knew of. Taste got really wonky on me for a while, but it’s since recovered.

I think this was listed on that poll I mentioned in the “chipocalypse” category for delayed music gear or something

I was just reminded the MicroFreak has 4 voices, too :joy: gdi XD

Edit Roland JDXIs are $600?? o.O I feel like they used to be $500, and if I’m right, damn this pandemic inflation…

Just done my usual take the digitone off the shelf, give it a dusting, installed the new 1.32 firmware then put it back on the shelf next to the other elektrons.

Brilliant machines, but if you ain’t using them regular they their a nightmare to use.

Is it down to a really different workflow or some other quirk. We pretty much fell in love with the model cycles which is why we now want a digitakt

With Elektron, I think it’s essentially “The bigger/more powerful the machine, the more complicated it is to use/remember all of it’s features/button combinations/menus”

Model:Cycles is probably a lot easier to get behind than a Digitakt/tone but I don’t own that one so I don’t know.

The pinnacle of this mentality is the OG Octatrack. Though that was my first Elektron and it was mostly okay. To be fair, though, Elektron did add more buttons to the mk2 OT to have less combinations.

Fair, though we own an alesis micron so menu diving isn’t necessarily something we find majorly annoying