The Hardware Megathread

same.

im sure there are folks out there that will love them but I’m not terribly interested.

Oto boum looks good too

Not for me either, probably the fact of all the elektrons I have

Octa and Mpc2500. If i can’t “groove” I ought to sell it all off.

Not gonna lie, I’m put off by the lack of any kind of display. Its OK for the Monostation as its a synth. But in this day and age an actual sampler should have some kind of visual feedback of sample wave forms at least while recording the sampler’s input and adjusting start/end points.

SP crowd will tell you that’s okay, use your ears!

I am not one of those people. It can be done by ear, sure, I’ve done it on a 404sx, but it’s not the gd dark ages, either XD

same. I’m still rather enamored with the Model:Cycles atm…

Every time I see news that terrifies me, I think I’ve lived to see the peak of this cycle of society and that we are on the inescapable slide into the next dark age. Don’t be so sure.

Whoops, looks like the philosophy thread leaked.

Definitely. I’ll be roaming the wasteland playing live sets on the Force in exchange for food and shelter.

The thickness of the Force also useful as a makeshift radiation shield.

If your totally bored and have finished descaling the kettle my half arsed ramblings of nonsense with a wobbly camera might help some SE-1X owner,
especially those who perish at the thought of opening their synths

Yea, I mean, a lot of times you have to use your ears to make sure you aren’t getting weird little clicks and such. Even the graphic resolution in a DAW isn’t always enough to find those problems.

I just looked into it and it seems a good option too, surely more affordable…

I had a mk1 and it sounds really cool but i didn’t keep it cuz i figured i can do the same with pludins and resample instead. But it does sound great

If it helps, I’m still loving my Warm Audio Tone Beast pre-amp and it does far less for about the same money. It adds that “last 10%” to sounds. Whatever my next project is, it is going to be strapped to the input of my Digitakt so everything gets sampled through it.

I’m sure no one cares all that much but I think I’m putting most of my gear away for a while and getting the CDJs back out. Will probably strap the Behringer 808 to a channel.

I also just spent like a $100 on beatport last night so I feel obligated to make a mix now lol

when you break out an Eleketron drum machine in a room full of much older real estate and stock people like… :joy:

I was bored and we hadn’t started, yet, and I had little interest in chit chatting with 90% of these people… I didn’t have my laptop (was taking notes on my iPad, and wanted it to last for 9 hours of note taking; I was at 50% when done each day, though…).

However, I don’t think I’ll be spending a ton on hardware in the near future, though if the people’s methods are legit I can’t promise I won’t buy a Polybrute after my first deal. Not becoming a realtor, won’t even be using my own money really, and I only know about these people through where I learned stock trading and make money at that, so there’s an element of trust there already. We’ll see. Not like I spent much but time in a room either way, though it drove my anxiety batty for an afternoon XD

…so that was my weekend. I really need to lose focus on taking my gear places on batteries. It’s okay at the park or a place where you typically have solitude. Around too many people there are too many questions. Laptops get much less questions…

I literally had a guy tell me he was a drummer in a 60s style rock band when I called it a drum machine XD

It feels like djing is your summer thing. Getting ready for your usual hippies festival?

Ian that the point of conferences and meet-ups? Networking and building relationships? I’m quite good at playing the relationship game when I hold a stall for my wife but it leaves me feeling utterly drained.

Also tomorrow I’ll find out how big my bonus is. Most of it will have to go in savings but I might still have a spendable £1.000

That’s funny, in my deep house discord server (well not mine, but I participate), there is a dedicated side channel for talking about investing because so many of us do it. So a large portion of the musicians I deal with are into that scene anyways.

lol nice. Sounds like I might fit in there. These were a bunch of people 50s, 60s, mores, very conservative, etc. these are not my people XD

I was just there for learning, and most of these people didn’t continue. I’m still in touch with those that have, though. And as said above, they are not really “my people” so-to-speak. I’ll be building relationships with realtors, mortgage brokers, investors, though.

sadly they canceled this year too, but yea you aren’t wrong, seems like I do usually end up going that way in summer