The Hardware Megathread

15-20 years ago Behringer made a tube pre/comp. maybe get one cheap?

Also ART PRO-VLA…

Don’t you wish your drum machine was hot like mine :rofl:

That sounds really great though. I like all the little modular/MPC treats you leave us on social media . I do remember when thinking getting an older one some years ago everything I read said do JJ OS or go home.

Having all that sequencing power right there to control all your gear for the one project is really ideal.

@canecreek some lovely lo fi sounds there : ) I noticed the Beads seems to be the big new module recently on Elektronaughts. Scanning over the its homepage seems really cool.

Thanks, just sort of gearing up make this stream happen. Sharing keeps me weirdly accountable and on task as otherwise I’m like OOOH SHINY and im off doing something else completely.

On my desk I have a cheap ass Behringer Xenyx mixer, it does what I need it to do.
But it also has an effects section and the preset 14, Church reverb is being used pretty much on most of my current tracks, it has such a nice feel to it.
Preset 12 is lovely too…

When I very first started in hardware I inherited a giant Euro something 24 channel behringer mixer. It had a couple decent FX on it.

Nah, looked at it when it came out then looked at my Force and smiled…
Not for me.

For some reason with the way they advertised it on FB I thought you could download all the Aira synths into it. But I think it is just some sample service.

I got one of these from 1998 (the model before, probably, it was less “complex” than yours). Haven’t used it in 20 years. Maybe I should get it out of its storage closet :slight_smile:

My dude, Nord Leads, Nord Modulars (G1 and G2), Elektron Machinedrum and Monomachines, Behringer BCR2000, Akai MPCs, the first seriously affordable multi-channel audio interfaces, just off the top of my head.

There is defo like a whole era of techno that was built on those two boxes.

That Korg Op-six…

Well…I have a visitor in my studio for a while. One of the stray/feral cats we take care of. We’ve been trying to catch him to TNR for a few years. Recently it looks like he lost a toe to frostbite and he was limping considerably. We were finally able to catch him today to take him to the vet and hopefully get him sorted.

hey ya’ll…I am dying over here…I’m not saying I don’t care what color a synth is or if it looks good just aesthetically…but they are arguing about how black the black paint job is lmao…

I still kind of want an analog heat, and now that I have a patch bay it wouldn’t be a PITA to use…

1010 Blue Box and the AH are high on my buy next list…