The Hardware Megathread

Haha that’s funny. I actually recently got a license for Renoise over Christmas, and dipping into some tracker shtuff. I’ve used Renoise some, but never had a license so couldn’t render to file, but I have used Sunvox in the past, which is a free program.

This is pretty much Waldorf Nave +++++++ with a keyboard, I’m impressed.
Not by the kaos engine thing, but by everything else

You should have listened to me and kept it, but o, you knew better, this wasn’t for you…

:slight_smile:

If they made a 4RU version I’d be interested.

Saw that one. The demo sounds on KORG’s page are rather “meh” though. Will have to see people playing with it/some reviews to get a better idea of what it can do, probably.

Korg showed a first of the Drumlogue, with pcm, synthesis and samples…

Stop it, Korg/Go home Korg, you are drunk.

This could be a really cool box.

im sayin… if they ad P-Locks like they have on the tiny but mighty volca Drum they’ll have a winner.

those P-Locks better be those “deep sequencing features” he mentions!

Yea, motion recording isn’t enough for this to really compete.

Yo Korg is on fire this year!
I guess really they have been for a few years. I wish they would replace the electribes with a proper groove box tho now!

The DrumLogue seems to have that capacity…

Hopefully, can’t wait to see more of that and the new novation circuits!

I keep going another way than Korg with my gear purchases but I do really have to hand it to them. I want to see how close they get to a proper Electribe reboot with the Drumlogue. edit: well ok not a proper reboot but something that scratches that itch.

Drumlogue has stoked my interest, hope its a volca drum on steroids.

thought id post here not hardware related but so you can see what kind of an odd ball i am.
In the 90’s i bought alot of vinyl and some i left with the shrink wrap sealed, today any modern vinyl record i buy if it turns up shrink wrapped i dont open it, i want somebody else to open them when i’m gone.

Anyway the new “Bicep - isles” album was released today, i ordered the vinyl sometime ago off the Ninja Tune website, they sent me an email today that they have just posted it, i’m kinda disappointed as i thought it would arrive on the day of release (like you see with those dudes who order xbox games)

So i’ve sent Ninja Tune an email today complaining that i thought they would of emailed me a download code on the day of release, could they email a download code as putting a download code inside my vinyl sleeve is of no use to me as i don’t open my records. :rofl::rofl:

sorry for my little rant, i’m kinda classing vinyl as hardware :joy:

hard same.

Why don’t you open your records? Seems like a total waste to me, honestly. Frankly, people will probably not care about your music when you’re gone and especially if, hopefully, you live a very long life, as it will be very vintage by then/“old fuck music” (unless they’re your kids, maybe, but by then you’d assume they know what you like, it would not exactly come to them as a surprise).

BTW, keeping the shrink on is not a good idea - in the long run, the plastic can stick to the cover and damage it, especially if you live in a warm or humid place.

I hate it when I buy vinyl on Discogs and the guy’s telling me “still in shrink!” as a selling point. It has the exact opposite effect on me… Plus, some records are “re-shrinked” to pretend they’re new, so the seller asks for 5x what they’re worth. Nothing like buying a “new, shrink-wrapped” album and seeing finger prints or hair on the cover when you remove it… uuurgh

Fun fact: I got a Skinny Puppy vinyl yesterday and the seller put it between two old records to make sure no corners would be bent. So I have two Capitol compilations, one from February 1963 and the other from April 1964 (or the contrary). I was thinking that, in they heyday, some people would have killed to have them. Now they’re worth shit - literally became book ends. Time is a funny thing.