The Hardware Megathread

relevent to interests…

:eyes:

The other slot can house a second SID if I can find a working one, or get my hands on one of the “remakes”

It even came with a Commodore user manual that has all kinds of code so I can play around with the SID and see if it’s actually working…

well I got it to make sound. It’s sort of wild typing in shit like:

10 POKE54296, 15
20 POKE54298,199
30 POKE 54273,33

etc. that’s an awful lot of crap to memorize. I need a tracker program… but I did make it make a sound.

Just found out the Digitakt abd Digitone have pre drilled screw holes that let you mount them to computer monitor stands O_O;;

I wish the Force had them…

Hey Auto!

You have a NTS1, right? How do you like it? I’m considering it for the 4op FM synth.

I like it but it has a massive drawback, no pick up mode on the knobs, so if you change page, move a knob, come back and move something it starts from the current position…

I was hoping I could automate, say the FM algo via MIDI. Interested in using it as a HW FM drum synth a la AE.

You should be able to, a nice M4L patch that you can then share with me?
Or maybe there is one already.
Midi Implementation chart here.

I read that chart. Doesn’t give me any insight as to how it works w the particular synth that was written for it.

I’m not sure can have that much control, the M4L patches I found seem to only offer control on the same values as the knobs, so quite limited.

Yessss… this Ultimate 64 board has a “SID Tap” header for getting stereo audio directly from the SIDs :smiley:

a company sells a little thing to make it easy, but they use RCA jacks and some 3D printed thing that sticks off the back and angles them left or right “to minimize how much it sticks out the back of your 64c” like… come on, now, there’s an HDMI cable already sticking out the back…

Little devices like this are the best.

apparently there is a SID built into the FPGA called the UltiSID, and it can be split into 4/8 SIDs o.O I guess in theory I can make a SID polysynth out of this thing.

now that was some forward-thinking of Elektron o.O one of those dual monitor stands that clamp to the back of the desk…

Yea! i actually have one heavy duty one of those. Though Im not sure if I can make it useful in this case. Ill have to see. It isn’t easy to setup haha

That someone made this is hilarious lol…

You’ve been teasing us too much, we need some audio snippets!

I’ve never used anything like this before. I did find a tracker to try and figure out, DefCom or something. I still need the actual audio outs vs a pin header.