The books we are reading

Hard Sci-fi is not fantasy in that it has the potential to predict the future… Sword, Sorcery and Magic is storytelling… often with a moral… but it can predict no more than the typical manifestations of human nature.

Me as a kid: “You call this exercise?”

Me as an adult: “Jesus, it works every single muscle”

@xSANTAxDURSTx : indeed my man, indeed.

~

@1roomstudio : Hard SF. Our words define our thoughts and feelings.

I went on a carnivore diet last year and ended up with appendicitis. Nothing could possibly go wrong this time around

Re-reading Dune.

Currently I am reading " As A Man Thinkieth"

So I’m a completely obsessed fangirl towards the Alien franchise (hence the name nostromer, from nostromo) and I have quite a sizeable library of literature regarding the production of the films.

This new book is HANDS.FUCKIN.DOWN. the best account and details regarding the making of the original Alien film. Absolute treasure, lots of never before seen sketches from both Giger and writings by O’Bannon.

I’ve finally started reading Roberto Bolaño’s The Savage Detectives. It was recommended to me a couple of years ago, I bought it and let it sleep till now. It’s a hell of a ride. I wasn’t expecting that much cocksucking but I like to be surprised.

Some light reading for the Halloween season : )

If It Sounds Good, It Is Good: A Guide to Audio Signal Processing

Reading a handmaids tale…the series was too slow…so i tried reading the book.

And so far I think that the book is great. I like it, imo the book is better than the series.

Dance Music Manual 4th Edition already in the web, just google it

Some of The biblical apocrypha, handmaids tale and dune.

Cause TV is bullshit.

A dolls house by Henrik ibsen’s. A woman stands up to her quaint typical place holding controlling husband and asserts her own independence and right to self determinate agency instead of being a typical housewife complacent in a mediocre situation.

The whole play is like yeah just go to couples therapy and decide whether or not the relationship is worth saving.

Human Punk by John King, about growing up in Slough (A shithole satellite town of London) , it still has some of the themes/feelings of his previous trilogy (Football Factory, Headhunters, England Away) but this time it feels more personal.
I would recommend the trilogy to anyone who has even the vaguest interest in the hooligan phenomenon…

I just finished Manifold Time by Stephen Baxter. Perhaps not my favorite of his works, but a good read. My fav of his (at least that I read this past year) is Evolution. That is a really good bit of fiction.

Jane eyre. Cause why not.

My heart just skipped a beat remembering how much I hated reading that in 10th grade. I MIGHT be able to appreciate some of the intricacies of an examination of romance from a woman’s perspective during the victorian era now, but how on earth was I supposed to get that when I was 15?

I’m not reading it for romance…reading cause female philosophy about society on an abstract level.

Hi everyone,

I am currently re-reading an old book I’ve had for a while. Well, it’s not a book as such but it’s a diary. It’s one of a few of Nikola Tesla’s diaries, it’s called ‘The Strange Life of Nikola Tesla’. The man is a true genius and this particular diary lets you into his mind and way of thinking. The way he writes and his grammar is good as well. I highly recommend you read this and find out about this man’s extraordinary brain.

Another great book I am currently reading is ‘The Laws of Human Nature’ by Robert Greene. If you haven’t heard of Robert Greene then you’re missing out. He’s the author who wrote the famous book ‘48 Laws of Power’ - a classic, a very popular and highly recommended book. I love how much research he does, and the effort that he puts into his books, and the amount of fascinating psychological information and history that he includes. A truly great writer. The Laws of Human Nature is a must read. I have read it before and I am re-reading this again because of how interesting it is.