The books we are reading

I got marcus aureilius and epictetus, testaments handmaids tale sequel, and waiting on w.e.b dubois…

Thats it im done…

I got these books because some rhetoric still bothers me…

Will read… these books and others when its butfuck 12 degrees fahrenheit.

I read Still this Sound by Mitchell Sigman.

This book shows how to make a multitude of sounds with all digital synths. Very educational and it allowed me to demystify the sound design process.

It takes a little effort but it’s worth it. esp if you are a beginner in Sound Design !

At the same time, I you like novel, I recently read 3 books from Luca Di Fulvio and I loved them, esp “The boy who granted dreams”, a childish book that makes you dream :slight_smile:

I still like to crack open James George Frazer’s “The Golden Bough” once in a while. While it is problematic in its attitude towards some indigenous cultures still a good source of inspiration if you want to think with mythology.

The handmaids tale sequel testaments is more engaging than the first book…better story and better written…

So far ive only read like 44 pages.

A gift from a friend… an original “Committee Print” of a

prepared for
COMMITEE ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTITIVES
NINETY-FIFTH CONGRESS
first session
by the
Science Policy Research Division
Congressional Research Service
Library of Congress

titled

POSSIBILITY OF INTELLIGENT LIFE
ELSEWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE
[Revised October 1977]

A fascinating read and great little piece of History. It has lots of contributions from the likes of Carl Sagan, Frank Drake (of the Drake Equation) John C. Lily and other members of “The Order of the Dolphin.”

I’ve been a member of The Planetary Society https://www.planetary.org/ since it was started by Carl Sagan, Bruce Murry and Luis Friedman in 1980.

This pamphlet is like GOLD to me. :sunglasses: