Pandemic social distancing diary thread

I’m not sure this is all strictly deep house, and it’s definitely tinged by my taste, but have at it.

This seems like a really good time to write an album so that you can say to your grandkids, “You know what, Billy? I wrote that during covid-19”

Except there’s going to be like 5,000 other bands doing the same thing , so nevermind. Just get high instead

The perfect corona virus album would be like a 30 day long drone track.

This would be great in like a sunrise mix, or at like at a lounge-y club with a patio dance space.

Fun fact, I prefer sunrises to sunsets. I prefer the start of the day and all the possibilities to come as opposed to watching the end of the day and thinking about all that happened and can never change.

I absolutely love having been up all night and seeing the sunrise.

Show me your grocery shopping apocalypse fashion.

I really hope you are also working on music lol

Scorpion VS Kitana

Now that’s a good idea. I’m creatively bent on tunes right now though. All my synths are packed up and I don’t really want to sample / softsynth grind out something that is uninspired.

If corona isolation wasnt bad enough now we are stuck in our dark ages basement w a tornado warning. Lol.

I posted an old video of my son on Facebook (I pruned it down to a healthy 44 friends…:stuck_out_tongue:) I don’t post publicly about my son all that much. The last time was two years ago.

Face masks seem pretty cool right now…

Meanwhile I’m still at work, and this town is still shit. I honestly have no idea how the fuck the rest of you are getting by with staying at home. Some of us need to show up at a shitty corporate factory job (running at less than half capacity) making windows for rich people just to make sure we get a paycheck while we breathe all over each other while the rest of this town suffers and burns. Ugh.

There is a window company advertising two year payment deferment to keep they manufacturing employees working but Im curious how many want to work.

The world truly is upside down and at least once I day I really don’t know how anyone is making it. We are super lucky in this house.

One upside of being stuck in the house is that I get to spend more time on dinner during the week. Here’s a bolognese with what I had around (trying to use up the milk, mostly). Pasta choice was whack, but it’s what was in the pantry. Turned out delicious anyway.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

That looks really good. I enjoy cooking, it has defo been a nice distraction (even the cleaning up part!). I’m really glad we can both cook. I don’t know what other people are doing.

Day XX of isolation.

My editing experiment has gotten out of hand officially.

Second try with Ableton today. Went much better. I’m glad, because it’s on sale now, close to $200 off standard or suite versions. Also, wore my buddy’s band shirt I got ages ago for the first time because I normally don’t wear logos, but this feels like a good home chilling shirt. First time I’ve worn anything black in… 4 years?

White Noise is looking snazzy as hell.

I talked to my mom today, working on getting some fucking tux stuff done for a wedding at a church in September, reminisced about that time I lived in meth and crack central, meanwhile I may have secured a date for the wedding!

Pounded by hail. A bigass tree fell in front of a loved one’s house and has been moved. Politics are killing everybody, I have to show up at work at my shity job tomorrow.