Pandemic social distancing diary thread

Stayed in bed until 1PM today, and was super sore becuase I haven’t moved around much lately. So I went on a walk, and it wasn’t really doing what I wanted. So I turned that into an impromptu run, and that got my heart pumping and I’ve felt great and had a sooper productive day since. I mean I probably looked like a spaz sprinting around in my pajamas, but hot damn it felt good. Downloading the Ableton 90-day demo now to see what all that business is about. Once I get a grip on that, I’ll see if I can do stuff with that and my Force.

I forgot that it took me like 3 years to get competent with FL Studio. How do you get anything done in Ableton? Such basic stuff as zooming to a reasonable width on the piano roll is beyond me, and I’ve got a 700 page manual to dive into now :frowning:

Ableton is the shit… I wish I could figure out windows 10…:sweat: “This PC” is not a fucking app. I wish I had the energy to figure this shit out. Ah well, in time.

I slept until about 3pm yesterday but eventually I went and mixed records for a while.

My sleeping schedule is fucked. I basically blaze and peruse my dead end creative endeavors and play games until I pass out for a couple hours, wake up whenever I need to and start it all over again.

feels primitive but I’ll smoke it anyways

If I were a bachelor and out of work that is absolutely what I’d be doing at this point.

Quarantine week 2 or something… I decided to dust off my video editing skills by wasting my stoned afternoon making a Half-Life meme

omfg lol…seriously…:taco:

everyone has a unique creative outlet :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe sir, you are right…my outlet…is drinking, and making shivs out of toothbrushes

washing machine techno

flood memes ar horribl fyi

washing machine music is fucking gold…im almost about to sample it…

Washing machine music reminds me of this:

My 2nd (and better) masterpiece of the stoned bored-as-fuck quarantine hours:

liking before i watch. :wink:

@relic - here…traffic has been shit for years. coronavirus hits and traffic is amazing. too much in fact…people are going 3 lanes wide speed demoning. i’ll admit that i go faster, but not insane. here people are doing like 90 in a 60 in places they’d normally be stuck. and if the inside lane is “slow” they dart out to every outside
or exchanging lane to zoom past people.

it’s pretty nuts. cops need to be out and scare these fucks.

but not me. i still want to do my 75 or 80…just those guys, lol

dude I drive like an old man…I like to go 65-70 in the right lane…most of my driving is on 45mph state routes though

Me to my mom tonight, as this town, and my job continues to die (the plant manager is gone, all of quality control is gone, my manager is gone, we’re being scattered around the plant like flies trying to fill in gaps, we lost more people today.) -

“You know things are only going to get worse here, right?. I don’t want to die in this town.”

The mask stuff hasn’t hit in full force yet, but there’s definitely a paper shortage.

I had to correct my mother when she said we are all suffering from PTSD (speaking as somebody who suffered from it for years before getting over it) and told her that we are all just in a state of prolonged stress.

Ugh. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

That sounds fucking awful. I’ve been very sheltered and even local news isn’t covering any kind of first hand accounting like this. Hope things look up somehow man.

Yeah, not the best of times. On a lighter note, there are so many people walking their dogs and taking runs who I’ve never seen before (and some nice looking ladies, too!). Polite waves and saying hello. We all know the drill at this point.

I saw some of my neighbors sitting out in the nice weather this weekend at the end of their driveways talking to each other from across the street. That made me happy.

The banks here are almost closed. Some dude I’ve never seen just walked past my house. The old folks home I live in front of has one light on. I had to drop off my rent through the mailbox instead of in person for the first time ever. My financial status remains alright for the time being.

Yay. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: