Post your art

I do some art from time to time. Havent painted seriously for many years now since works eat me up.

I by no means do much painting or drawing normally, but tonight for work we did sound for a pop up paint party, and I got to participate, and I did this!

This is more graphics than art, but perhaps you will forgive, as painting and drawing is something I am not (yet) any good at. I am also just learning this stuff. I made this in Blender on my lunch break.

Nice! did you make that using JS Placement?

Now that you have revealed my secrets, you must be neutralized. :stuck_out_tongue:

but yes, JSP and then I did a few extra bits over the tut I was following (Ducky 3D is the shit) and the best bit was adding a mirror modifier and flipping it on the X and Y, which doubled the texture and added depth.

hehe - I saw that tutorial before so I already knew when I saw your render (cheat codes). I downloaded JSP and dabbled, didnā€™t do much otherwise. Seems really sweet for greebling effects and other stuff. Iā€™d be curious how customizable the templates are it generates from, good work!

Good to see you in the blenderverse!!

Ducky is pretty great. If you want longer more big scene tutorials, I highly recommend checking out Chris Baileyā€™s stuff (CBaileyFilm on YT) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXguhzOm29mBTYDuxKjxn5A

Album cover art I designed :robot:

that there, is fuckinā€™ awesome work @slugvision!

Mandalas. Are awesome.

20201202_070118

An average ā€œreal life/still lifeā€ drawing.

Basically just an eye

Hereā€™s a quick self-portrait I did. Doesnā€™t really look like me, but itā€™s alright.

Hereā€™s a painting I did at a pop-up-party (disclaimer I do not paint ever and donā€™t really do any visual arts type stuff aside from occasional doodles):

Just had a look through this entire thread and loved it! what a talented bunch you all are and thatā€™s on top of being musicians (I assume with you being registered here) would love to see more of everyones work.

For me art and music go very much hand in hand and my artwork will generally be based on imagery in response to music, I wonder how differently we all interpret music in that regard?

Anyway, Iā€™ve not painted in ages now because Iā€™ve been entirely focused on music as my main escape but hereā€™s some pictures of stuff that I have scanned from when I was actively painting.

Only one of them is at all recent (the larger one) I have some similar stuff from around the same time thatā€™s unfinished that I really need to get around to finishing!

A mandala then.

I rescanned my magazine collage ā€œBoundless Appetiteā€ and got rid of the annoying moirĆ© patterns, plus thereā€™s new information on the left side and bottom:

Also rescanned ā€œHeart Massageā€ with accurate colors:

NSFW: https://i.imgur.com/pamWqEu.jpg

Iā€™ve learned how to get a lot more detail out of scans just now (oh hello, professional mode). Now I need to go back and rescan everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is ā€œJourney,ā€ which I uploaded before. Comparing this to the older versions is pretty interesting. Anyway, yeah, this is totally safe for work.

This is not even art, I just search insect images on the internet and edit them with AI. But whatever.

Wow, those look awesome! Iā€™d call it art and they look pretty killer to me!

https://idmforums.com/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f1593e58c09a7a2fce948780c589d49fb36b5ce1.jpeg

That looks fantastic, would make a great album cover.