Pandemic social distancing diary thread

^people get fevers. It’s okay. You get a flu shot? Dont let total paranoia hit you.

I just finished organizing my new place.

Let’s see how little sleep I get before a longass week…

Edit: will properly delete this post when the forum lets me.

Ah man, that’s a drag. Hope you both get to feeling better soon.

I wouldn’t stress too much. I know quite a few people who caught it and were fine outside of being bored. Take care!

Wish you good health. Hopefully it passes with limited symptoms. To two quiet weeks quarantine and recovery!

Edit: will properly delete this post when the forum lets me.

I mean, technically I think this is what the thread was for and Vlantis hijacked it with his (admittedly very interesting) stories of that sweet sweet COVID lyfe.

Glad you guys are alright, hope the rest of the family pulls through buddy

It continues to get more interesting. :zipper_mouth_face:

I can’t wait for you to make it back to Japan and meet that lesbian again. Probably an oversimplification of that story, and interesting that it got put on the backburner for so much of the 2020 season. Really hope it makes a comeback in 2021.

Ha! She’s pan, dammit!

Things are more interesting in town right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh shit sorry to hear this. Fuck that is so not good. Well I hope everyone in your family pulls through. At least they have some sort of medicine to treat it so…I wish you and your family well and I hope for the best for them…even though I’m just some random guy on the internet whose posts you’ve been reading for like a decade now. So yeah.

Good luck.

Ugh, at least one person at my job has had covid and pretty much anyone who feels sick is obligated to take a few days off to at least get a test…and my job mandates who’s left to pick up all those extra hours.

So in other words, I’ve been getting stuck with a shit ton of OT. Which isn’t 100% a bad thing, since I’m debating buying a NL4, but god damn is it exhausting/depressing. :tired_face:

During this time of dire pandemic crisis, I have been spending my free time with this lovely lady.

Working, making money, not much time in between. Next date is on Wednesday.

I haven’t had to do that kind of OT in a while, last time I did I upgraded my PC though, so I feel you on the splurge. But why not the Nord Wave? The sampling stuff in a keyboard looks more fun than VA to me.

Eh, I get all my sampling fun out of Renoise, just how my workflow works.

Double edged sword of being salary - I make more than I would if I wasn’t, but every time I have a 60 hour week or have to travel or any of the other shit they can ask me to do, there’s no ‘extra’ compensation so I feel like I’m working for free. OT at least makes you feel like you’re getting something immediate out of it instead of just getting used up. It’s a slippery slope of “he did it last time, he can do it again along with this other stuff”.

I’m on salary but I’m lucky to be the non-exempt salary, meaning I can still collect overtime. However, the catch is my department has a policy to pay out overtime not in cash, but in comp time, so overtime worked is paid out in time and half for time off. Although, if it accumulates to a certain level, or if I cease employment, they are required to pay it out in cash, so if I have a running tally of comp hours, I’ll get that if I ever change employment!

That sounds like a sweet deal. My wife had a similar setup while she was working at a university. Really the best of both worlds.

To be fair, I’ve got nothing to bitch about - career doing something I enjoy, generous salary and benefits, and I work with people I mostly like. Hell, these days I’m just happy to have a job. I spent most of college working in restaurants and could still be there (and probably not have a job given the current state of things). But when I get an email telling me I’m on a plane in the morning with zero heads up, it does tweak my gears a bit.

Dude, no joke all my unpaid vacation hours are my unemployment insurance. I haven’t taken any days off this year and I only get 80 hours per year, but I have like 110 accumulated right now. IDK what the payout on that looks like, but I’d get at minimum a full extra paycheck.