Pandemic social distancing diary thread

I don’t know about stroking out, but definitely stroking…

Too soon? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to allow it. And laugh. Because if we can’t laugh we are doomed.

Welcome to The Dance, my friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now I’m begging a friend to, for the love of god, stop using the word “literally.” Shit drives me fucking crazy. Birds are chirping, grass is green, geese flying overhead, deer and rabbits out in full force.

Oh yeah, and the latest work mandate can essentially be boiled down to “There will be consequences and you will be written up if you don’t stay six feet away from each other.” That shit ain’t happening They can’t afford to fire us.

There’s barely anyone there keeping the place going, and we are now all enjoying this absolutely fucking stupid circus act.

Amen. I’ve been having a blast laughing at everything with my wife. It’s too quiet, things are too severe and heay, you gotta blow off some steam. Had a kinda shit day yesterday, was really tired, a bit stressed with work, and realized when I was going to bed that I hadn’t really laughed out loud at anything all day.

I think it’s a bit of stir crazy and a bit the absurdity of our lives right now, but I’m finding humor in all sorts of stuff I would’t usually, and it’s the best way I know how to make it through the days. Illegitimi non carborundum and all that.

My spoiled youth spent hanging in rave/drug houses where time has no meaning has turned out, finally, to be a boon. I’m just sticking to a pretty strict drug and alcohol regiment to keep my mind limber (to quote the Dude). As Bill Murray said in Where the Buffalo Roam playing Raoul Duke “It still hasn’t gotten weird enough for me.”

And if that is latin for smoke more weed–loud and clear and under control.

Don’t smoke weed, it’s bad for you. Go for this crazy shit:

LOL I fucking love you @Artificer

I forgot to mention, last Friday was going to be my first live performance in…six years, I think? Bummer…

Was gonna guest sing on four songs. Things were goin’ good. Real laid back. Had my entrance and everything worked out. Obviously everything fun ever is put on hold for the time being…

That fucking sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Likewise my one yearly gig would have been year three got cancelled.

Lunch breaks have become…complicated. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if I’m dead in two weeks, then I guess we’ll know why.

That beer I posted last night was a fucking badass ale. It knocked me out, and I actually had to pour some of it out because I was pretty freakin hammered (I had some vodka as well…my usual poison). I got another beer of theirs the day before and it was also amazing.

I can’t really drink beer when I’m home alone, I just end up falling asleep. I go for the vodka and whatever mixer I have. That gets me amped up. I don’t do hard liquor when I’m out, but i do beer, but I find myself enjoying the local scene more when sober, honestly. Well…you know…this is all past tense.

We will be required to wear masks at work starting Friday. There are already a bunch of guys crying about how it won’t fit over their beards. I cannot WAIT to see these guys shave off their ever-so-precious beards. I bet all their dicks will shrink two sizes.

You’re the sexiest man I’ve ever laid eyes upon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can men PLEASE STOP obsessing over facial hair?? Been there, done that.

Dude if you are aren’t making bank as a George Michael look a like what are you even doing with your life?

but dude, my beard is my face girdle…w/o at least sideburns and goatee my face looks SO fat…lmao

I always said the quickest way to gain 50lb is shave your face. lol

Dude. No joke! love it hahaha.

No worries, you’re more likely to have had it and be asymptomatic.

That said, and not posting this to scare anybody - I just believe in “know your enemy” - here’s what was in the news today:

Yea man, I saw this. Terrifying.

I have a fancy-schmancy-ish shaving set. I love it. Shaving less right now since I’m just at home all the time, but I never go more than 3-4 days between shaves. In better times, I shaved 5 nights a week.

I even do aftershave. Love it. I’ll make my whole family touch my face if I get a real good shave in.