Metal

any love for Alestorm here?

One of my favorite tunes of all time.

I like that trackā€¦ parts of it anyway. Quirky arrangementsā€¦

I feel that this band is capable of composing the best metal tune I ever heard.

Andā€¦how Ć  propos, eh?

AOTY

has to be one of the most interesting things Iā€™ve heard latelyā€¦ I"m not even sure what youā€™d call this. Really out there.

Yup, pretty much.

i see some parallels between this and Naked Cityā€™s Torture Garden. Must be a NYC thing.

dissonant anything is my kind of jam

check these out:

my last year aoty

then these:

Will certainly blast through these!

Speaking of dissonant, did you listen to the Convulsing album that was posted earlier in this thread? Some of the best death/dissonant metal Iā€™ve heard in a while.

I think i listened to his first album once. Just check Coma Cluster Void, it has vocalist from Cryptopsy (second vocalist, not the first one). Too good, itā€™s like Ion Dissonance goes more metal.

@Artificer NYC scene is sick. Car Bomb comes from that place and itā€™s one of my favourite bands ever.

I will do my top 10 albums bit later, need to jam more tunes.

(speaking of dissonant fuckery)

danza has like one good album which is Danza III but not this one

check this out

this frontierer album is insane what the fuck?! how have I never heard of this.

car bomb is sick, but frontiererā€™s a cool guy, too

Now ainā€™t that some shit

lol I really wanted something to the tune of

ā€œCannibal Corpse totally supports Oā€™Brein being fucking metal and trying to stick it to the pigsā€

So I guess Iā€™m kind of late to the Archspire party. This shit is so over the top ridiculous (speed rapping, anyone?) and I really shouldnā€™t like it, butā€¦I do. I really do. To be that fucking fast and yet still manage to write hooky memorable shit is pretty incredible.

I think I donā€™t get it. All the super tech-y stuff just sounds like people practicing scales to me, and I literally end up giggling when they start the goofy cookie monster tough guy vocals. As much as I try, this just isnā€™t the genre for me. Thereā€™s some stuff from Death, Carcass, Gorguts, etc that I like thatā€™s pretty technical, but I feel like Archspire, et al are considerably different in terms of feel. It doesnā€™t even sound heavy to me; itā€™s not nearly as punishing as grindcore, but itā€™s the similar tempo. I dunno. Hereā€™s some Japanese doom with Spanish lyrics and harp.

Yeah, I can totally understand that. For me, itā€™s a mood thing. I love Gorguts and probably a lot of this kind of music that you gravitate towards, but itā€™s very demanding. You canā€™t put that on as background music and go about your day. I already need to be in that kind of mood and I need to sit down and listen to it. Iā€™d lump Imperial Triumphant that was posted previously into the same bucket. Deathspell Omega. Etc. But this Archspire shitā€¦itā€™s fun. Itā€™s been my working out background music. And itā€™s been hitting the spot lately, as Iā€™m squatting or whatever. It cracks me up.