Life Nerf: The R.I.P. Thread

Looks like Diego Maradona has punched out.

By the Hand of God.

Love me some OSCar… great rig.

No one famous… but my stepdad John Littlefield passed yesterday at age 88.

A proper British gentlemen that raised me up with a sense of decency, pride, respect and a thirst for knowledge and the Truth.

He will be missed…

Big Darth has passed. Well the physical part of Darth anyway.

Rest in peace Dave Prowse.

Rest in peace Steve Bronski.

I know he was like a zillion years old but I was still sad to read of Sidney Poitier passing. My favourite thing with him remains Sneakers, an understated caper movie with an excellent cast.

Absolute legend. First black man to win an Oscar. Pulling 7 figures per movie way back in the day. And just a great actor and director.

Just heard that Mike Wells passed away last week. That stings.

You may know him as one half of Gridlock and the fantastic music he made with Mike Cadoo.

But he was also a renowned mastering engineer that helped make so many superb albums what they are.

Thanks for the amazing music, Mike W. RIP :black_heart:

Rest in peace Vangelis, such an influential body of work to remember him by.

Amidst all the shit that’s going on in the world right now, this news tops it all. :pensive:

At the risk of sounding cheesy, a bright light had gone out in this world…one that can never be replaced.

Anyone who knows me knows how much of a Vangelis fan I am, so it’s hardly surprising I’m posting here what I’m posting. I just lost one of my heroes.

Fucking COVID :persevere:

So it’s bad enough that we just lost Vangelis, but now Andy Fletcher is gone.

OK, by his own admission he never had much to do with Depeche Mode’s music, but still, he was a founding member and only 60. It’s a real blow to the band, and just sad.

Yeh read about Andy Fletcher when I got home from work :frowning:

David Warner :frowning:

Star Trek guy, general sci-fi bad guy. Was always good even when he was just a supporting guy in a crapper.

Oh no : ( that is too bad, he was quite good.

And there goes Nichelle Nichols. She’s not been well for a while so not a surprise but still sad. Good innings regardless and an icon to Trekkies.

Yea, this celeb death got me for sure.

A few days ago, just found out.

RIP Wolfgang Petersen. I know most remember him for Das Boot probably, but for me it was Enemy Mine. He actually managed to direct the guy with the most punchable grin ever and make him likeable :smiley:

Enemy Mine is a classic! He was a director I take it?

Aye, and pretty good too.