Gamers what games are you playing? :)

I’m surprised you’re not telling us how Half Life Alyx is a glimpse at the future. I have buddy who bought the Index just for that (and had to wait 3 months to get it).

Too scared to play it! :rofl:

He did say that he ended up with his back literally against a wall both in game and IRL, which was pretty terrifying…

If you want to kill time - play Dota2

Played a little bit now, not very far in but its brilliant. Great atmosphere, very immersive. Loving it so far.

Squadrons preload is up on Steam \o/

First impression of Star Wars Squadrons in VR is amazing. Not had time to play much as sorting out joystick etc has taken some time.

Endless Space 2 is cheap on Steam for another day. I finally decided to get it at the recommendation of a friend. I played the first one and just didn’t get on with it at all.

This is a different experience, its way way better. As with most sci-fi 4x’s you can see the influence of Master of Orion and that’s not a bad thing. They’ve got a strong story for all the races, and the game is very pretty. The alien races are proper different in some cases but you can stick to the familiar stuff if you prefer.

The tech tree is batshit crazy and makes no logical sense. I don’t think that’s an accident or incompetence. It looks like they’re trolling people who want to take apart a game because the occasional thing isn’t right and they’ve gone full-on bananas with it. It still works and you can figure stuff out but initially I was just looking at it in bafflement.

The interface is excellent and some of the little quality-of-gaming-life touches are very slick for managing your empire.

Starship combat is best described as… meh. Same as first game. Pick your tactics card and let a non-interactive space battle take place. You can abandon the viewing but I’d rather just skip it altogether if I’m not going to be directly controlling the fight. Basically just get a bigger fleet together with the right tactic card(s) and your golden. Not very satisfying but it isn’t the main focus of the game so I’ll let it slide since the rest of it has been so well done.

Played a few hours now and very much enjoying the galactic conquest. Mostly me getting conquered so far.

My brother got that a few weeks ago, and we have the family sharing on our steam libraries so I could play that, but I’ve also been playing Civ 6 about 4 nights a week with friends recently. So I haven’t had a chance to dive in yet.

Plus living with my parents throughout the pandemic, we’ve struggled to find something that we all enjoy together. But then I got my brother the Imperial Assault boardgame for his birthday and we’ve all been having fun playing that every weekend, which eats up another hour or two on my most free nights. Plus we got my dad Catan last year and he pretty much demands we play that every week (though even with all the different expansions that one has gotten to be a bit of a chore). I miss when we could have a quick game of Clue, but that just doesn’t cut it for the rest of them anymore.

I also bought the N64 I never had as a kid, so I’ve been going through that library of ROMs on original hardware. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how much I can still enjoy that thing.

Imperial Assault is awesome. SW Outer Rim is also worth checking out. The mechanics are simpler but its very thematic. Games can take a few hours as its designed so that things happen in stages. However you can just shorten a game by lowering the score needed to win though it does cut out some of the later-game fun stuff.

I never played the final fantasy games but as of late they look hella cool. Computer have gotten better and the cgi looks awesome…but honestly I was never into rpgs they always seemed kinda gay.

I thought that was the appeal

Love me a good RPG. If there’s pen ‘n’ paper, all the better.

That I get but rpgs via computer nah…kinda ruins the magic.

There’s a design mechanic to be drawn from something like PnP DnD to an ARPG like Path of Exile or Diablo 2.

That’s where it ends, lol. totally different objectives and experiences.

I think there’s also a parallel to be drawn here kind of between books and movies. One is based in imagination and the other designed as interactive visual media.

I’m non RPG biased I love them all. I’ve been impatiently waiting to see more Starfield shown off.

I absolutely love FF6 or 3 depending on where you are from. 6 is great but 6(3) was special and still is.
Also 7 was only 7, 6 was also 3 so it’s even more magical. Rambling over. Careful as I might ban you if you reply with the wrong words.

Anyone played Ghost of T whatever the hell it is on PS4? I’m considering picking it up. That or Mortal Shell. Totally different games but it’ll probably be one or another.

Eldin Ring…where are you?

Atrium Carceri did the OST for Mortal Shell, amazing dark ambient. I haven’t played it but, aesthetically the game looks gorgeous. Report back if you try it out!

I’m looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima. Haven’t played it yet, but I hear good things. It’s an open world thing, so for one of those I basically budget 40-50 hours for me to get through it and do as many sidequests as I’m going to have patience for. For me, that’s probably a solid month or two of my single player time. I’ve been to busy with other stuff to pick it up lately, but I am still looking forward to it and definitely want to do that one before I dig into Cyberpunk.

What the hell is ghost of tsushima…

Idk what that game is about.